2936 replies to this topic

#1891 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

I dont have enough time for a play league, I would likely end up simulating most of the games. I'll just play VS and BEAGM offline when I get a chance.

#1892 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

I dont have enough time for a play league, I would likely end up simulating most of the games. I'll just play VS and BEAGM offline when I get a chance.

Same with me and be a pro since I can request a trade now

#1893 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Same with me and be a pro since I can request a trade now

I didn't know they added that feature. If they allow that they should also make it possible for no team wanting to sign you.

#1894 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

I didn't know they added that feature. If they allow that they should also make it possible for no team wanting to sign you.

well you'd have to be the worse player ever Lol. Even guys like John Scott can get a contract. and you can also retire whenever you want

#1895 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

I think he meant from a player rep POV. John Scott may be able to get a contract, but Sean Avery can't, and he's legitimately talented.

#1896 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

Yea like if you keep asking to be traded too often, would teams just stop offering you contracts.

#1897 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

you can be like Heatly and demand 2 trades and still have a job though lol

#1898 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Eh, it's been a while since Heatley had to ask for a new contract. I wonder how teams will deal with him once he's a free agent again. A guy like Alex Semin who teams are reluctant to give a single year to is a good comparison of what I'd expect if I were him.

#1899 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

well this topic is getting sidetracked Lol But Semin is lazy and doesn't care about playing defence or bother to play sometimes. like (I think it was backstrom said in an interview) Semin could be the best player in the NHL if he cared enough.

#1900 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

It was Matt Bradley who said it, but yeah, the only thing he is more than talented is lazy. And he's very talented.

#1901 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

ok well we should get this back on track. Give me Evander Kane :P he's going to be mine one day Lol

#1902 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,963 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Myself I'm in the play league and I run this sim league. I'm also going to be playing EASHL all the time. I will be busy on NHL 13 that's for sure.

Also, yes I think the trading has slowed down because teams have already made tons of trades so far and are happy with what they have. The PM's of trade approvals have slowed down in a major way, and I'm very thankful for that. :P

Before I started this thing, I only had around 20-30 PM's in my PM history. Now I have 400+. That gives you guys a little idea of what I'm dealing with here. :frantic:

It's all good though, I'm handling it with quite the ease. B)

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#1903 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,963 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

Trade announcement:

To Montreal:

Saku Koivu ($3.8M)

Nikolai Khabibulin ($3.75M)

To Toronto:

Deryk Engelland ($0.566M)

Ryan White ($0.6875M)

Petteri Nokelainen ($0.575M)

Peter Budaj($1.15M)

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#1904 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

30 For 30: Colorado Avalanche

The new-look Colorado Avalanche enter the 2012-2013 season trying to avoid missing the playoffs for the third straight year. After shipping team Captain Paul Statsny early in the campaign, the Avalanche focused on acquiring a hard working core of big bodies before closing out their trading sessions by acquiring wingers Jackub Voracek and Bobby Ryan to compliment top Center Matt Duchene.

Key Acquisitions:Bobby Ryan, Jakub Voracek, Tim Gleason, Justin Faulk, Jack Campbell, Tomas Vokoun
Leaving Town: Paul Statsny, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, Semyon Varlamov

Goantending: With top prospect Jack Campbell training in Lake Erie, the Colorado Avalanche decided to go with experience, trading for Tomas Vokoun and retaining JS Gigeure for another year. Colorado Management has expressed their satisfaction in net through the media, and believe that with proper training, the Avalanche will be able to transition from Vokoun/Gigeure to give Campbell the reigns effortlessly.

Defence: While the Avs may lack a premiere puck-moving defenseman, they have defensive strength in abundance. Teams will grow to fear the Penalty Kill foursome of Bryce Salvador, Tim Gleason, Greg Zanon and Jan Hedja. As to not put all of their eggs in one well-defended basket, the Avalanche have also acquired defensive prospects Erik Gudbranson, who will spend time in the NHL and the AHL developing this season, and Justin Faulk, who will man the top-pairing with former Hurricane teammate and mentor Gleason. Prospects Duncan Siemans, Martin Marancin, Cameron Gaunce and Joel Chouinard are working hard in the minors and all expecting to rotate into the NHL this year in Gudbranson's position.

Offence: The Colorado Avalanche can only hope that their new top line of Ryan, Voracek and Duchene can perform as well as they'd hoped. Gabriel Landeskog is waiting to help provide offence when needed, grinding it out on the 2nd line along with fellow beasts of men Ryan O'Reilly and David Jones. With puck movers Tim Connolly and Peter Mueller in the bottom 6, skating with Interim Team Captain Milan Hedjuk, the Avalanche will be dependent on depth scoring. Recent Acquisition Tom Wandell is still trying to get a clear answer on where he'll be playing this year. Expected to start the season on a line with prospects Brock Nelson and Mark Olver, he still hasn't been given a team jersey and whenever he asks what his role will be on the team, he's told 'that's adorable'

Questions: On paper, the Avalanche believe that they've gotten bigger, faster, stronger and more terrifying in every sense of the word. But will that translate into chemistry? How will the team respond if their top line falters early in the season? Will Brock Nelson be NHL ready? Are rumours of a big Free Agency targeting true? Has the team relied too heavily on the Vokoun acquisition, and how can they possibly hope to contend if he goes down with an injury? Is Mark Olver really going to be an 84, and if so, what are the guys at EA smoking? Will Bobby Ryan have any confidence coming into the season, having been traded 5 times in a matter of weeks?

Find out by tuning in this season, and until then, he's a painstakingly crafted hype video for the 2012-13 Colorado Avalanche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1UqB5Im54&feature=youtu.be

You're all On Notice. We are bringing the ruckus this year.

Edited by coleman26, 30 August 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#1905 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

30 For 30: Colorado Avalanche

The new-look Colorado Avalanche enter the 2012-2013 season trying to avoid missing the playoffs for the third straight year. After shipping team Captain Paul Statsny early in the campaign, the Avalanche focused on acquiring a hard working core of big bodies before closing out their trading sessions by acquiring wingers Jackub Voracek and Bobby Ryan to compliment top Center Matt Duchene.

Key Acquisitions:Bobby Ryan, Jakub Voracek, Tim Gleason, Justin Faulk, Jack Campbell, Tomas Vokoun
Leaving Town: Paul Statsny, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, Semyon Varlamov

Goantending: With top prospect Jack Campbell training in Lake Erie, the Colorado Avalanche decided to go with experience, trading for Tomas Vokoun and retaining JS Gigeure for another year. Colorado Management has expressed their satisfaction in net through the media, and believe that with proper training, the Avalanche will be able to transition from Vokoun/Gigeure to give Campbell the reigns effortlessly.

Defence: While the Avs may lack a premiere puck-moving defenseman, they have defensive strength in abundance. Teams will grow to fear the Penalty Kill foursome of Bryce Salvador, Tim Gleason, Greg Zanon and Jan Hedja. As to not put all of their eggs in one well-defended basket, the Avalanche have also acquired defensive prospects Erik Gudbranson, who will spend time in the NHL and the AHL developing this season, and Justin Faulk, who will man the top-pairing with former Hurricane teammate and mentor Gleason. Prospects Duncan Siemans, Martin Marancin, Cameron Gaunce and Joel Chouinard are working hard in the minors and all expecting to rotate into the NHL this year in Gudbranson's position.

Offence: The Colorado Avalanche can only hope that their new top line of Ryan, Voracek and Duchene can perform as well as they'd hoped. Gabriel Landeskog is waiting to help provide offence when needed, grinding it out on the 2nd line along with fellow beasts of men Ryan O'Reilly and David Jones. With puck movers Tim Connolly and Peter Mueller in the bottom 6, skating with Interim Team Captain Milan Hedjuk, the Avalanche will be dependent on depth scoring. Recent Acquisition Tom Wandell is still trying to get a clear answer on where he'll be playing this year. Expected to start the season on a line with prospects Brock Nelson and Mark Olver, he still hasn't been given a team jersey and whenever he asks what his role will be on the team, he's told 'that's adorable'

Questions: On paper, the Avalanche believe that they've gotten bigger, faster, stronger and more terrifying in every sense of the word. But will that translate into chemistry? How will the team respond if their top line falters early in the season? Will Brock Nelson be NHL ready? Are rumours of a big Free Agency targeting true? Has the team relied too heavily on the Vokoun acquisition, and how can they possibly hope to contend if he goes down with an injury? Is Mark Olver really going to be an 84, and if so, what are the guys at EA smoking? Will Bobby Ryan have any confidence coming into the season, having been traded 5 times in a matter of weeks?

Find out by tuning in this season, and until then, he's a painstakingly crafted hype video for the 2012-13 Colorado Avalanche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1UqB5Im54&feature=youtu.be

You're all On Notice. We are bringing the ruckus this year.

You made a video? LOL. its not working anymore though. But nice 30 in 30
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#1906 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

I had made a few edits. It should be there. And yeah, it was supposed to be a quick project but it took me the better parts of 2 days.

#1907 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Olver is a 73 or 74, the 84 was a typo
Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#1908 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Carolina will start listening offers once again.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1909 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Olver is a 73 or 74, the 84 was a typo

This makes the most sense, but I've looked and I kind find a source that isn't, basically, speculation. Maybe he's 2013 Cliff Ronning or something.

#1910 VintageForever420

VintageForever420

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Ottawa needs goaltending, D

Karlsson
Staal
Alfredsson
Untouchables

Semin
Moulson
Anderson
Kopecky
Emelin
Vitale
OTB

#1911 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

leafs look way different since I was there GM. But I think my team was better it was built to win the cup in 3-4 years

So you quit because your team was that good? 3-4 years is a long time from now, and my team is build to win NOW. Your team was full of forward prospects, below average D, and terrible goaltending. I did my best with what i had and im damn proud of it.

Posted Image

#1912 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Stastney OTB looking for TOP RW
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1913 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,527 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

To all of you: Stars WILL win the cup

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1914 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,963 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

To all of you: Stars WILL win the cup

With Markov on LW? :P

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#1915 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

:( Spends 2 days making hype video, gets immediately shut down for sampling a Daft Punk song. Nicely done, Universal.

#1916 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,527 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

With Markov on LW? :P

Yeah. He scored 90 points in NHL 12 :)

And with a defence of:

Girardi-Coburn
White-Daley
Boullion-Gunarsson

We have a good chance

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

#1917 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

OTB: Rene Bourque (84) need 2nd line right handed RW in return

Also Lydman (81)

Posted Image

#1918 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,963 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Yeah. He scored 90 points in NHL 12 :)

And with a defence of:

Girardi-Coburn
White-Daley
Boullion-Gunarsson

We have a good chance

I think I have a great chance with my top 6:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
Devils CDC
FORWARDS
James Neal(84) ($5.000m) / Travis Zajac(84) ($3.888m) / Patrik Elias(82) ($6.000m)
Chris Kunitz(83) ($3.725m) / Adam Henrique(81) ($0.854m) / Valtteri Filppula(83) ($3.000m)
Craig Adams(74) ($0.675m) / Dainius Zubrus(79) ($3.400m) / David Clarkson(81) ($2.667m)
Steve Bernier(74) ($0.775m) / Jacob Josefson(75) ($0.900m) / Stephen Gionta(64) ($0.563m)
Ryan Carter(73) ($0.775m) / Krystofer Barch ($0.750m) / Cam Janssen(66) ($0.575m)
DEFENSEMEN
Henrik Tallinder(83) ($3.375m) / Marek Zidlicky(80) ($4.000m)
Adam Larsson(84) ($0.925m) / Matt Hunwick(76) ($1.6m)
Andy Greene(80) ($3.000m) / Mark Fayne(79) ($1.300m)
Peter Harrold ($0.525m)
GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur(82) ($4.500m)
Johan Hedberg(73) ($1.400m)
BUYOUTS
Colin White ($1.000m) / Trent Hunter ($0.667m) / Eric Boulton ($0.163m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,999,999; BONUSES: $262,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $14,200,001

but maybe not after the 1st year because Brodeur will retire quickly and I'll need to get desperate to find goaltending.

Edited by DollarAndADream, 30 August 2012 - 04:34 PM.

x1vXIze.png

small.pngCDCEHL

#1919 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,527 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

That is a very good top 6

2qn360i.jpg

#1920 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

trav, you have Matt Hunwick's rating and salary wrong. That is Bryce Salvador's contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.