The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE]

DollarAndADream

Myself I'm in the play league and I run this sim league. I'm also going to be playing EASHL all the time. I will be busy on NHL 13 that's for sure.

Also, yes I think the trading has slowed down because teams have already made tons of trades so far and are happy with what they have. The PM's of trade approvals have slowed down in a major way, and I'm very thankful for that. :P

Before I started this thing, I only had around 20-30 PM's in my PM history. Now I have 400+. That gives you guys a little idea of what I'm dealing with here. :frantic:

It's all good though, I'm handling it with quite the ease. B)

30 For 30: Colorado Avalanche

The new-look Colorado Avalanche enter the 2012-2013 season trying to avoid missing the playoffs for the third straight year. After shipping team Captain Paul Statsny early in the campaign, the Avalanche focused on acquiring a hard working core of big bodies before closing out their trading sessions by acquiring wingers Jackub Voracek and Bobby Ryan to compliment top Center Matt Duchene.

Key Acquisitions:Bobby Ryan, Jakub Voracek, Tim Gleason, Justin Faulk, Jack Campbell, Tomas Vokoun

Leaving Town: Paul Statsny, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, Semyon Varlamov

Goantending: With top prospect Jack Campbell training in Lake Erie, the Colorado Avalanche decided to go with experience, trading for Tomas Vokoun and retaining JS Gigeure for another year. Colorado Management has expressed their satisfaction in net through the media, and believe that with proper training, the Avalanche will be able to transition from Vokoun/Gigeure to give Campbell the reigns effortlessly.

Defence: While the Avs may lack a premiere puck-moving defenseman, they have defensive strength in abundance. Teams will grow to fear the Penalty Kill foursome of Bryce Salvador, Tim Gleason, Greg Zanon and Jan Hedja. As to not put all of their eggs in one well-defended basket, the Avalanche have also acquired defensive prospects Erik Gudbranson, who will spend time in the NHL and the AHL developing this season, and Justin Faulk, who will man the top-pairing with former Hurricane teammate and mentor Gleason. Prospects Duncan Siemans, Martin Marancin, Cameron Gaunce and Joel Chouinard are working hard in the minors and all expecting to rotate into the NHL this year in Gudbranson's position.

Offence: The Colorado Avalanche can only hope that their new top line of Ryan, Voracek and Duchene can perform as well as they'd hoped. Gabriel Landeskog is waiting to help provide offence when needed, grinding it out on the 2nd line along with fellow beasts of men Ryan O'Reilly and David Jones. With puck movers Tim Connolly and Peter Mueller in the bottom 6, skating with Interim Team Captain Milan Hedjuk, the Avalanche will be dependent on depth scoring. Recent Acquisition Tom Wandell is still trying to get a clear answer on where he'll be playing this year. Expected to start the season on a line with prospects Brock Nelson and Mark Olver, he still hasn't been given a team jersey and whenever he asks what his role will be on the team, he's told 'that's adorable'

Questions: On paper, the Avalanche believe that they've gotten bigger, faster, stronger and more terrifying in every sense of the word. But will that translate into chemistry? How will the team respond if their top line falters early in the season? Will Brock Nelson be NHL ready? Are rumours of a big Free Agency targeting true? Has the team relied too heavily on the Vokoun acquisition, and how can they possibly hope to contend if he goes down with an injury? Is Mark Olver really going to be an 84, and if so, what are the guys at EA smoking? Will Bobby Ryan have any confidence coming into the season, having been traded 5 times in a matter of weeks?

Find out by tuning in this season, and until then, he's a painstakingly crafted hype video for the 2012-13 Colorado Avalanche.

You're all On Notice. We are bringing the ruckus this year.

30 For 30: Colorado Avalanche

The new-look Colorado Avalanche enter the 2012-2013 season trying to avoid missing the playoffs for the third straight year. After shipping team Captain Paul Statsny early in the campaign, the Avalanche focused on acquiring a hard working core of big bodies before closing out their trading sessions by acquiring wingers Jackub Voracek and Bobby Ryan to compliment top Center Matt Duchene.

Key Acquisitions:Bobby Ryan, Jakub Voracek, Tim Gleason, Justin Faulk, Jack Campbell, Tomas Vokoun

Leaving Town: Paul Statsny, Jamie McGinn, Erik Johnson, Semyon Varlamov

Goantending: With top prospect Jack Campbell training in Lake Erie, the Colorado Avalanche decided to go with experience, trading for Tomas Vokoun and retaining JS Gigeure for another year. Colorado Management has expressed their satisfaction in net through the media, and believe that with proper training, the Avalanche will be able to transition from Vokoun/Gigeure to give Campbell the reigns effortlessly.

Defence: While the Avs may lack a premiere puck-moving defenseman, they have defensive strength in abundance. Teams will grow to fear the Penalty Kill foursome of Bryce Salvador, Tim Gleason, Greg Zanon and Jan Hedja. As to not put all of their eggs in one well-defended basket, the Avalanche have also acquired defensive prospects Erik Gudbranson, who will spend time in the NHL and the AHL developing this season, and Justin Faulk, who will man the top-pairing with former Hurricane teammate and mentor Gleason. Prospects Duncan Siemans, Martin Marancin, Cameron Gaunce and Joel Chouinard are working hard in the minors and all expecting to rotate into the NHL this year in Gudbranson's position.

Offence: The Colorado Avalanche can only hope that their new top line of Ryan, Voracek and Duchene can perform as well as they'd hoped. Gabriel Landeskog is waiting to help provide offence when needed, grinding it out on the 2nd line along with fellow beasts of men Ryan O'Reilly and David Jones. With puck movers Tim Connolly and Peter Mueller in the bottom 6, skating with Interim Team Captain Milan Hedjuk, the Avalanche will be dependent on depth scoring. Recent Acquisition Tom Wandell is still trying to get a clear answer on where he'll be playing this year. Expected to start the season on a line with prospects Brock Nelson and Mark Olver, he still hasn't been given a team jersey and whenever he asks what his role will be on the team, he's told 'that's adorable'

Questions: On paper, the Avalanche believe that they've gotten bigger, faster, stronger and more terrifying in every sense of the word. But will that translate into chemistry? How will the team respond if their top line falters early in the season? Will Brock Nelson be NHL ready? Are rumours of a big Free Agency targeting true? Has the team relied too heavily on the Vokoun acquisition, and how can they possibly hope to contend if he goes down with an injury? Is Mark Olver really going to be an 84, and if so, what are the guys at EA smoking? Will Bobby Ryan have any confidence coming into the season, having been traded 5 times in a matter of weeks?

Find out by tuning in this season, and until then, he's a painstakingly crafted hype video for the 2012-13 Colorado Avalanche.

You're all On Notice. We are bringing the ruckus this year.

Archived