12 replies to this topic

#1 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

This is just if Luongo ends up having to expand his list of teams because a deal is not going to happen. A team that is very interested in Luongo is The New york islanders..... I think Gillis would be given a way better opprotunity to help the team if he trades with the Islanders.

To Van:
Ryan Strome, Evgeni Nabokov

To NYI:
Luongo, Ballard, Van 1st round pick (2013)

Van does 2 salary dumps gains a great center prospect Islanders get a #1 goaltender which they desperatly need and a top 4 Defensemen that they also need

To Van:
Derick Brassard

To Columbus:
Raymond, Van 2nd round pick (2013)

Sedin Sedin Kesler
Booth Strome Burrows
Higgins Brassard Hansen
Malhotra Lappy Kassian

Hamuis Bieksa
Edler Garisson
Alberts Tanev

Schnieder
Nabokov

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 29 July 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#2 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

changed trade had a derp moment

#3 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Both trades are pretty awful for the other team.
Posted Image

#4 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Both trades are pretty awful for the other team.

So you don't think an elite goaltender + a top 4 defensemen+ a 1st round pick is enough for stome? Nabokov doesn't even want to be there why would they wnt to keep him?

Granted we would probably have to give up more for Brassard but its a fairly solid line up

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 29 July 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,516 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

So you don't think an elite goaltender + a top 4 defensemen+ a 1st round pick is enough for stome? Nabokov doesn't even want to be there why would they wnt to keep him?

Granted we would probably have to give up more for Brassard but its a fairly solid line up

Did you miss the part where Nabby re-signed with them? Did you miss the part where they're still paying DiPietro for however many more years? Granted, they're still under the cap floor at this point, but that could change with the new CBA and they're still 4 players short of a 23 man roster.

Columbus wants to improve and they don't do that with the deal you proposed, so giving up more isn't exactly right. It's about quality versus picks and extras, so even with Howson at the helm you won't be able to pass of Raymond and a low 2nd rounder for Brassard.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#6 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Why wouldn't CBJ want Raymond and the 20 pts he got last year while Brassard had 41? Brassard's career PPG is .54 compard to Raymond at .48. Brassard is also 2 years younger than Raymond has only has 5 points fewer in his career than Raymond despite playing 53 games less. But oh wait, they get a 2nd rounder! Yes, that'll convince them! Even Howson isn't stupid enuff to make this trade.

#7 underrated

underrated

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Not sure the Islanders are willing to take on 10 million dollars without sending salary back. They'd probably beg us to take DiPietro but that clearly isn't gonna happen

#8 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Why wouldn't CBJ want Raymond and the 20 pts he got last year while Brassard had 41? Brassard's career PPG is .54 compard to Raymond at .48. Brassard is also 2 years younger than Raymond has only has 5 points fewer in his career than Raymond despite playing 53 games less. But oh wait, they get a 2nd rounder! Yes, that'll convince them! Even Howson isn't stupid enuff to make this trade.

They have 5 centreman: Letestu, Brassard, Anisimov, Johansen and Dubinsky. They'll be more than willing to part with Brassard, because if you watched him play last year he was god awful for them. However the same can be said for Raymond but the 2nd rounder plays a bigger role than you think.

Great proposal.

Posted Image

#9 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

They have 5 centreman: Letestu, Brassard, Anisimov, Johansen and Dubinsky. They'll be more than willing to part with Brassard, because if you watched him play last year he was god awful for them. However the same can be said for Raymond but the 2nd rounder plays a bigger role than you think.

Great proposal.

My point isn't if they're willing to part with Brassard or not, my point is they can get a much better return than Raymond. I've gone through the last 6 CBJ 2nd rounders. Tell me if you see a name you recognize. 2007 Stefan Legein 37th overall, 2008 Cody Goloubef 37th overall, 2009 Kevin Lynch 56th overall, 2010 Dalton Smith 34th overall, 2011 Boone Jenner 37th overall and 2012 Oscar Dansk 31st overall. I'm pretty sure those 6 have combined to play a grand total of 0 NHL games so giving CBJ a 2nd rounder means nothing. It's only a great proposal if you're a Canucks fan.

#10 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

If Nabokov doesnt want to be there, can you explain to me why he did sign a contract extension with the NYI ?
Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#11 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Not sure the Islanders are willing to take on 10 million dollars without sending salary back. They'd probably beg us to take DiPietro but that clearly isn't gonna happen

if ownership is willing, we could take DePietro and burry him in the minors.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

If these trades happened the Canucks shouldnt even bother showing up for the draft. They wouldnt have any good picks left

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#13 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

If these trades happened the Canucks shouldnt even bother showing up for the draft. They wouldnt have any good picks left

Ahaha! So true! And they traded their 4th rounders for Pahlsson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.