Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

My Canucks Lounge. (Updated July 24th 2013)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 SAnuck

SAnuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

Im moving to Victoria from Australia in 2 weeks and im also your age (22). I'm officially inviting myself over when the season starts lol

#62 Ovech Trick

Ovech Trick

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

My observation, you have Canuckisitis
Posted Image

Capitalist Hockey League - Minnesota Wild GM

#63 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

A severe case.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#64 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yo, OP, you ever read Fever Pitch?

No i haven't. Whats is it about?

Im moving to Victoria from Australia in 2 weeks and im also your age (22). I'm officially inviting myself over when the season starts lol

Sounds good!! are you going to uvic?

#65 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Salutations................that is one mighty fine homage to the Canucks............It deserves a SC in the corner.
Kevin.jpg

#66 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hey all, Thanks for all the feedback for sure gonna look into painting the room the Canucks Colors and putting the numbers on the ceiling.

Here is the video i just finished taking of the Canucks Lounge. Make sure you watch the whole thing and see the light at the end.

#67 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

I will post pics after I redo my room
Posted Image

#68 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

I will post pics after I redo my room

Awesome looking forward to seeing them.

Also I've been informed that the video above doesn't work for most people because of Copyright issues of the song i used.

Here is the no music version. Enjoy

#69 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

Awesome looking forward to seeing them.

Also I've been informed that the video above doesn't work for most people because of Copyright issues of the song i used.

Here is the no music version. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpIvJj3trk4&feature=player_embedded

I'm at work so I can't view your video, but have you considered adding a goal horn to your room. It's not hard, as I've done it. I've got the game on my TV and hooked up to my 7.1 home theatre. I also have a computer in the room which is hooked up to a 2.0 mini system. The goal horn/song is cued up in VLC media player and gets activated by the spacebar on a wireless keyboard on my coffee table. So the Canucks score, the goal horn and song goes off REALLY loud and the goal light (accompanied by a hidden strobe light) turns on. I'll post a video soon.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#70 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'm at work so I can't view your video, but have you considered adding a goal horn to your room. It's not hard, as I've done it. I've got the game on my TV and hooked up to my 7.1 home theatre. I also have a computer in the room which is hooked up to a 2.0 mini system. The goal horn/song is cued up in VLC media player and gets activated by the spacebar on a wireless keyboard on my coffee table. So the Canucks score, the goal horn and song goes off REALLY loud and the goal light (accompanied by a hidden strobe light) turns on. I'll post a video soon.

Step a head of you. Yeah if you look beside the window there are two silver speakers and behind the stick in rink logo flag top right there is a sub which i connect to my playbook with the official goal horn. If you watch the video there is the goal light and around the room lights which normally flash like crazy (forgot to change the setting before filming. The blue ones flashing gives you an idea). There is a strobe light to the left of the window flag. But the strobe light gets annoying at after awhile lol . i might tilt it upwards to the 5X8foot flag and see how it is. During the playoffs i use my smoke machine and pump up video before each game get the place rocking.

#71 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

must REALLY suck to be in your room after a loss
Posted Image

#72 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

We're not worthy!

Inspirational man! :)

#73 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

must REALLY suck to be in your room after a loss

During the playoffs

Loss normally means everyone goes home and the night is over. Win the whole place goes crazy and its one epic party.

Game 2 of the finals it was on a Saturday. There were like 30 people in there and place going went nuts. game 3 was a different story...

#74 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

impressed

#75 Hobbes!!!

Hobbes!!!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,993 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

Kudos! But wow thats a lotttt of stuff. I cant watch the video because I'm at work but I hope you took the streamers down. Less is more!

I would LOVE to have a canucks den. If I'm ever on the island on a game day... expect company. lol.

#76 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Kudos! But wow thats a lotttt of stuff. I cant watch the video because I'm at work but I hope you took the streamers down. Less is more!

I would LOVE to have a canucks den. If I'm ever on the island on a game day... expect company. lol.

I did take down the streamers. I want to put them around the garage door parts that are visible; as i want to make it look as a normal room as much as possible.

For sure, everyone is welcome if they let me know before hand. Just send me a message.

#77 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

I want to put them around the garage door parts that are visible; as i want to make it look as a normal room as much as possible.

I had the same problem in my garage. When I painted the stripes, I was originally planning on leaving the garage door white, but them decided to continue the stripes. I bought white metal spray paint for the tracks for the wheels. If it wasn't for the garage door opener on the ceiling, it hidden very well. I plan on building a fake Rogers Arena scoreboard to hide the opener soon.

http://desmond.image...jpg&res=landing

Posted Image

#78 themann

themann

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

This is pretty cool bro, not going to lie. Its almost as cool as the amount of Stanley Cups we have won so far... And a Bobby Lu poster common now... Seriously though bro, good on you. I also put a humongous big amount of blind faith and trust into teams that have never done anything to deserve it.. you rock bro. Invite me over sometime.

#79 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

I had the same problem in my garage. When I painted the stripes, I was originally planning on leaving the garage door white, but them decided to continue the stripes. I bought white metal spray paint for the tracks for the wheels. If it wasn't for the garage door opener on the ceiling, it hidden very well. I plan on building a fake Rogers Arena scoreboard to hide the opener soon.

http://desmond.image...jpg&res=landing

wow i didn't even notice the door. well done. i want to hide the track for the door.

#80 Tambellini's Wrist Shot

Tambellini's Wrist Shot

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

Looks awesome, but a little cluttered. Have you considered painting the walls Canucks colours? It really brought my garage together. Obviously mine's not quite as hardcore as yours yet.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How did you manage to get the lines so nice and straight? Tape and a laser level?

It is pretty funny how the grass is always greener, until it is in your backyard..

#81 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

what i did when i painting my room was used a rule kept making lines. then put the table level with the markings.

#82 Pavel_Bure 10

Pavel_Bure 10

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

amasing

#83 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Yeah it's from Spencer. it was call a police siren i beleive. I have it red for like a goal light. i've never switched it to the blue one. i have it set up to a remote control along with the rest the lighning system which you shall all see in the video that will come out on thursday or friday.

I entered my old canucks room. Youtube video above the photos. I hope they do it again so i can enter into this lounge

If you live in Victoria for sure can come over for a game. During the playoffs i have like 10-30 people packed in there watching the game and during the season normal a few of us for each game.

Awesome idea. ill paint there numbers on the ceiling with 19, 16, and 12 as well for the rafters.

One of my ex's bought me a lot of stuff that went into the room... being 21 and been in a relationship for most of highschool single life is where it's at. Any girl that i date will have to deal with my passion and love for the Vancouver Canucks no if ands or buts.

Even if she has a really nice butt?
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#84 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

Does anyone know if home depo still does the NHL official colors in paint? or anyone know the code numbers for the official paint colors?

#85 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

How did you manage to get the lines so nice and straight? Tape and a laser level?

Exactly. It took some time, but it was worth it. Originally the entire room was supposed to be blue but I thought that might be a bit too dark, so I only did the wall behind the TV blue.

Does anyone know if home depo still does the NHL official colors in paint? or anyone know the code numbers for the official paint colors?

Not sure, but when I painted mine, I just took my Kesler jersey into WalMart with me and they colour matched it. I bought the cheapest available paint in a semi gloss. (I wasn't gonna spend big, because in the end it is just a garage. It turned out better than expected.)

Posted Image

#86 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,930 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

That's great!....love your dedication to the team. And, I especially love that I'm pretty sure I saw Mr. Potato Canuck in there too.

I know where we're all going to watch the next game..... ;)

Wow, Sukh - yours too!!! Incredible.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 14 September 2012 - 07:55 AM.

Posted Image

#87 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Exactly. It took some time, but it was worth it. Originally the entire room was supposed to be blue but I thought that might be a bit too dark, so I only did the wall behind the TV blue.

Not sure, but when I painted mine, I just took my Kesler jersey into WalMart with me and they colour matched it. I bought the cheapest available paint in a semi gloss. (I wasn't gonna spend big, because in the end it is just a garage. It turned out better than expected.)

Do they match the colors anywhere? like home depo? When i did my room back a long time they already had the officlal canucks colors so it was simple.

That's great!....love your dedication to the team. And, I especially love that I'm pretty sure I saw Mr. Potato Canuck in there too.

I know where we're all going to watch the next game..... ;)

Wow, Sukh - yours too!!! Incredible.

Haha yeah Mr. Potato Canuck is awesome. I saw it and was like i gotta have that.

#88 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

its cool dont get me wrong...and i say this in the nicest possible way...but...it's way too cluttered/crowded.

i know you want to showcase all your canucks stuff, but you also need a balance. right now it is overwhelming and way too many things going on.

i think a fresh coat of light grey paint with a "canucks stripe - blue, white, green, white blue" would look really nice. and then choose certain things to display.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#89 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

Could have just painted the room blue and green with some white stripes.... I guess it's just easier to staple crap to the wall - lazy ass.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#90 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

its cool dont get me wrong...and i say this in the nicest possible way...but...it's way too cluttered/crowded.

i know you want to showcase all your canucks stuff, but you also need a balance. right now it is overwhelming and way too many things going on.

i think a fresh coat of light grey paint with a "canucks stripe - blue, white, green, white blue" would look really nice. and then choose certain things to display.

Yeah couple people have said that.. i have no where else to put the stuff. so instead of spending 72 hours that i don't have and money i don't want to spend on paint. So i just cover the walls with everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.