The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Going overboard with the 2nd amendment

TowelPower12

I've not seen much opposition even down south in the states relating to assault weapon bans but living in SF for many years before moving back gun control is a euphemism for ban on guns entirely which is both asinine and unconstitutional. Given I value all my rights,  not just the ones I personally use,  a right so explicitly declared should not be given up because some extreme few go leaps and bounds outside that realm. The reason an intelligent (legally abiding too I might add)  person would be against such stringent gun control/gun bans are because it hinders every law abiding persons ability to exercise their right of bearing arms and self defence.  Law abiding people haven't done anything wrong to have their rights abridged, non law abiding people don't care about laws in the first place so gun control at best means nothing to them.. at worst empowers them to commit more heinous crimes knowing the other person is likely following the law and is unarmed. The notion that gun control in the states prevents gun crime has long been unfounded and is living in fantasy land.

I've already conceded to "reasonable limits", if you ever read posts rather than, like several of the resident conspiracy nuts here, only what you want to read, you'd see me the likening to "limits" here is more akin to "banning" guns, which you quoted and based most of your response and thus pointless reiterations around.

And for them to accidently shoot people and for other people to grab their guns and shoot them or other people....

What I hear a lot is not "I need a gun for a particular purpose" but "it's my right to carry one so I will".

Law abiding people don't take explosives onto airplanes, but you still have to have your bags checked and go through a metal detector, don't you?

And how is gun control a "euphemism" for an all-out ban on guns? Is that what they told you at the least NRA meeting?

"If we let them take away our Rocket Launchers, next thing you know, they'll be after our M-16s and before you know it, they'll take away out hunting rifles and target pistols!"

What a load of garbage....

Nope...you've just side-stepped what my initial post and my follow up reply's point was which, once again, not being that I disagree with your assertion that people in the U.S. aren't against regulations...but instead against these comments of yours.

And 'likening' limits to banning is not even close to being 'alike'. And it's totally not what you said....I mean i'm literally quoting your own words saying "a right so explicitly declared should not be given up because some extreme few go leaps and bounds outside that realm"

How does that even remotely liken you to supporting giving up handguns or assault weapons entirely, though they're over-reachingly protected under the 2nd amendment??

You're either a very confused person or you're a blatant opposite mouth sided double-talker.

that is well put, but if everything with a 1 in 22,000 chance or higher was removed from society, what would we have? Cars, processed food, tobacco and other drugs all have a chance of killing you.

Not trying to lessen your point, but the question is where is the line drawn on what is "safe" and what isn't

that is well put, but if everything with a 1 in 22,000 chance or higher was removed from society, what would we have? Cars, processed food, tobacco and other drugs all have a chance of killing you.

Not trying to lessen your point, but the question is where is the line drawn on what is "safe" and what isn't

When you can actually read posts and not cherry-pick parts of them to fit your pre-conceived childish biases, I'll bother caring about our personality conclusions too.

The "average (gun owning) person" isn't going out shooting people either, but I doubt you objectively care about averages as they don't cater to your hilariously convenient hyperbole. More selective quotes please.

I would if you'd bother quoting the other parts, but it's impossible to take you seriously because you're trying so hard to take cherry-picking pot shots, and failing miserably.

I'm really going to be able to protect my family with a firearm thats locked up in my RCMP approved, triple redundancy, gun safe that is supposed to protect children that have long gone and were taught firearm safety as children who grew up to be hunters and crack shots. As for the concealed carry permits, those were abolished by order of some very nervous politicians. And rightly so.

Archived