The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dear Canuck fans, please read from Panthers board

Yes but I doubt most Panther fans and thier management team care much about making the playoffs next year. They know they realistically have 0 shot at winning the cup. They're building this team to win in 3 or 4 years. Let the Gudbransons, Huberdeaus, Bjudstads, Howdens, Shores, Markstroms develop. They don't need a 33 year old goalie

http://fans.panthers...e/page__st__120

This is how most Panther fans feel about getting Luongo back. They don't want him back, they don't feel he's good anymore and they hate his contract every more. While you don't have to agree with everything they're saying, what they're saying is mostly true. You guys have to lower your expectations for the return on Luongo. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I know how lots of you love pointing that out.

My arguement wasn't really against that. I was just saying that they probably wouldn't make it, and Luongo could help from another standpoint either.

Getting him also helps there future because there going to be going through a transition period where they are going to be replacing Veteran's with Rookies, and there team won't be as good, and the fear would be that they would begin to accept losing like they did with there last group of players.

Booth talked about this in an interview, that there the team almost accepted losing, and then alot of the guys went elsewhere and helped out to important teams (Wideman, Horton, Ballard, Booth, Frolik and so on), and they can't afford to have that happen.

So if they get Luongo he will help them remain competitive and the transition will be smoother for those younger players and it will help them through there development, that's the main reason why I think they want Lu.

Meh...been there, argued that.

Most of those Panthers users are very nice people, so please be respectful if you do venture down there. They treated us first-class when a boatload of us CDC'ers took over their boards last year.

Let me get this straight your saying he's not a elite goalie or a top 10 goalie in this league wow give your head a shake, last 7 years he has had 30 or more wins, and could easily get the Leafs into the playoffs and there's a reason why MG wants a hockey trade cause he knows that Luongo is one of the best goalies around...

It will be more of Thomas/Rask

Markstrom isn't ready, and if they were smart they would season him a little longer (similar to what was done with Rask and Schneider)

Markstrom won't be starter ready when he comes in, so by the time he is ready to be the starter Luongo will probably reitre, plus as I said with the "accepting losing thing" having Luongo there to help that team remain competitive would help there young players and then Markstrom wouldn't be rushed in because of there need for goaltending.

Edit: and Luongo won't play another 10 years anyways, more like 5-7.

It's been awhile, but what happened to the Leafs being in the equation?

It hasn't been confirmed that Lu rejected the deal (only "reported"), and I'm pretty sure that if he really wasn't getting any response in terms of dropping the price with the Panthers (and if MG would slightly drop the asking price) then a deal with the Leafs could have been done by now.

In terms of realistic needs too (and what they could offer back up front and on D) a Canucks - Leafs trade just seems the most reasonable; they need an elite goalie to make the playoffs, the Canucks could take back some of their young, talented, sizable truculence and have Cory take the reins for good (not gonna go through all the possible reasons, you could find it dispersed throughout our fine forum-- that, or read stuff on Google or Bleacher Report :lol:).

Dear Panthers fans,

I respect your opinions but whether you like it or not, I'm sure Tallon sees Luongo as a top 10 goalie still and big upgrade for their goalie position. He is just hesitant to trade over part of your future which he thinks is very promising

The true is, Vancouver need Luongo more than florida.

Just imagine Luongo still playing for Florida, and Florida was trying to trade him to Vancouver!

How much Vancouver could be willing to give for Luongo ? Then imagine Florida want Luongo even less and are not willing to give as much.

Archived