Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Dear Canuck fans, please read from Panthers board

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

I'm glad their fan isn't their GM.

Posted Image

#62 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

his GAA was 2.41, Save % was 9.19 he has a solid year and the two playoffs he played were great except for the fact that the TEAM didn't show up.. and this season he was our MVP

Agreed. Lui is still a top end goalie and must not be simply given away for cap space. Lui commands a good return

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#63 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

To VAN:

Scottie Upshall
Scott Clemmensen
2nd Round Pick 2013

To FLA:

Roberto Luongo
Chris Tanev
Anton Rodin
5th Round Pick 2013

My god no, that is a gross overpayment. Luongo by himself should be enough to get that package, and I, along with many other fans, would be disappointed in Mike Gillis for giving in to the pressure.

Let me put it out for you:

Florida's Package:
Upshall = Capdump and little value to us, as we have plenty of solid bottom 6 guys or prospects that can play that position. He will be a part of the trade likely though because of his status as capdump.
Scott Clemmensen = 35 year old goalie who is decent but if people think Luongo is past his glory days then this guy might as well be retired. I'd rather Lack be given the chance to back up Schneider or we sign Huet or someone to a cheap contract.
2nd round pick = An early 3rd, Florida was a playoff team last season and with Luongo will be even closer to contention, might as well be a Vancouver 2nd, which most people would say has little value.

Canucks Package:
Roberto Luongo = A beginning to age netminder who has been more consistent than many goaltender's over the course of his career. He can carry teams on his back and is a solid season goalie, who has issues in the playoffs, but not all can be blamed on him. He is very valuable,
Chris Tanev = (In Mike Gillis' on words) is like a first round pick. He has the potential to be a very solid top-4 defensive-dman with puck moving capabilities. 20 year olds never step into the Stanley Cup finals and play better hockey than their veteran counterparts, but Tanev did. I wouldn't trade Tanev unless we get Gudbranson coming back, and even then I would rather include another of our better d prospects, because this kid is so good.
Anton Rodin = the player Gillis would've used his first in 2009 on, if Schroeder hadn't fallen. He had a rough adjustment to North American hockey in his first year in the AHL, but he has so much speed and dynamic offensive potential it's silly (like your proposal), on top of this, he isn't afraid to be gritty (he isn't like Kassian but he plays the body). He will be a solid top 9 player, if he doesn't make the top 6.
5th round pick = I don't even know what relevance this has or value. Unless Florida believes their is some hidden Frank Corrado-like gem in the late rounds of the 2013 draft.

What I see happening is something along these lines:

To Vancouver:
Nick Bjugstad - Florida will crumble and give in, eventually. Wait until the season starts in february or march if we have to. Don't give in MG.
Scottie Upshall - Capdump
Conditional 1st round pick 2013 - If Florida doesn't make it out of the 1st round, this becomes a 2nd.

To Florida:
Roberto Luongo - This is the centrepiece of the entire ordeal.
2nd and 3rd round picks 2012 - Relatively equal to a 1st. I don't want to give up a 1st in the 2013 draft, too much potential, it's like the 2003 draft almost.
Conditional 2nd round pick 2014 - If Nick Bjugstad leaves college and plays for us in this season (more than 20 games, if the season doesn't start until early next year or there is a full lockout this would be a waste).

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#64 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

@PaulKaryiaALH Because we have a sense of hockey knowledge, unlike you

You took the words right out of my mouth.

#65 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

its not up to them

Posted Image

#66 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

My god no, that is a gross overpayment. Luongo by himself should be enough to get that package, and I, along with many other fans, would be disappointed in Mike Gillis for giving in to the pressure.

Let me put it out for you:

Florida's Package:
Upshall = Capdump and little value to us, as we have plenty of solid bottom 6 guys or prospects that can play that position. He will be a part of the trade likely though because of his status as capdump.
Scott Clemmensen = 35 year old goalie who is decent but if people think Luongo is past his glory days then this guy might as well be retired. I'd rather Lack be given the chance to back up Schneider or we sign Huet or someone to a cheap contract.
2nd round pick = An early 3rd, Florida was a playoff team last season and with Luongo will be even closer to contention, might as well be a Vancouver 2nd, which most people would say has little value.

Canucks Package:
Roberto Luongo = A beginning to age netminder who has been more consistent than many goaltender's over the course of his career. He can carry teams on his back and is a solid season goalie, who has issues in the playoffs, but not all can be blamed on him. He is very valuable,
Chris Tanev = (In Mike Gillis' on words) is like a first round pick. He has the potential to be a very solid top-4 defensive-dman with puck moving capabilities. 20 year olds never step into the Stanley Cup finals and play better hockey than their veteran counterparts, but Tanev did. I wouldn't trade Tanev unless we get Gudbranson coming back, and even then I would rather include another of our better d prospects, because this kid is so good.
Anton Rodin = the player Gillis would've used his first in 2009 on, if Schroeder hadn't fallen. He had a rough adjustment to North American hockey in his first year in the AHL, but he has so much speed and dynamic offensive potential it's silly (like your proposal), on top of this, he isn't afraid to be gritty (he isn't like Kassian but he plays the body). He will be a solid top 9 player, if he doesn't make the top 6.
5th round pick = I don't even know what relevance this has or value. Unless Florida believes their is some hidden Frank Corrado-like gem in the late rounds of the 2013 draft.

What I see happening is something along these lines:

To Vancouver:
Nick Bjugstad - Florida will crumble and give in, eventually. Wait until the season starts in february or march if we have to. Don't give in MG.
Scottie Upshall - Capdump
Conditional 1st round pick 2013 - If Florida doesn't make it out of the 1st round, this becomes a 2nd.

To Florida:
Roberto Luongo - This is the centrepiece of the entire ordeal.
2nd and 3rd round picks 2012 - Relatively equal to a 1st. I don't want to give up a 1st in the 2013 draft, too much potential, it's like the 2003 draft almost.
Conditional 2nd round pick 2014 - If Nick Bjugstad leaves college and plays for us in this season (more than 20 games, if the season doesn't start until early next year or there is a full lockout this would be a waste).

If we don't get Bjugstad, it will have to be something like this.

To Van:
Scott Upshall (Salary dump)
Shawn Matthias (Solid 3rd/4th Centre)
Keaton Ellerby (Huge Dman with potential. Fasting moving for his size. Solid shut down dman for our 5th/6th pairing.)
Alex Petrovic (Huge right handed defensive dman for our 5th/6th pairing)
Yaroslav Kosov (Huge centre. More of a project.)

To Fla:
Luongo
Ballard

Edited by CHIPS, 02 August 2012 - 10:09 AM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#67 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

I dont care if the fans dont want him, they are getting him LOL
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#68 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,593 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Our price is high for Luongo, not because we feel he is that valuable, but because we want the best for the team. The reason you guys don't want Luongo is because you don't want to give up anything significant. But in all reality, Luongo is still a fantastic goalie and is definitely underrated around the league. He is definitely not as bad as people make him out to be. His contract may not be the best, but the way contracts are going now-a-days, with players on the free agency market getting grossly overpaid, I don't think it is as bad as it's made out to be.

I don't think Luo will get a star player like Weiss or a NHL ready prospect with potential for a future Norris trophy in Gudbranson, but I do think we should get a reasonable return for him. Maybe Matthias and a 2nd or 3rd round pick would be a fair return.

At least, that's my take on this whole situation.

MG will not be trading Luongo for that, you'll be surprised the return you'll get for Luo. That's like trading Luongo for Hansen and a 3rd, you're kidding me right?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.