Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Wolves Sign Brad Hunt

Signing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hunt posted 4 assists and 5 points in 14 regular-season games last year after being signed by the Wolves to an Amateur Tryout Contract (ATO) on March 14. He also paced team defensemen and ranked fourth overall on Chicago with 3 assists and 4 points in five Calder Cup playoff outings.

Prior to joining the Wolves, the 23-year-old blueliner led Bemidji State University with 21 assists and ranked third on the team with 26 points in 38 games during his senior campaign.

The Ridge Meadows, British Columbia, native amassed 24 goals, 88 assists, and 112 points while appearing in all 150 games during his college career with Bemidji State from 2008-12.

http://www.chicagowo...-with-brad-hunt

#2 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

Great signing for the Wolves. Has produced consistently and will hopefully show that he can do it over a full season. Despite his small stature, he has been remarkably healthy *knock on wood* and has shown that he can play against men, at least in a short spurt.

If we go through another injury plagued season where we have our 13th defensemen playing *knocking again*, or if he dominates at the AHL level, I would like to see the Canucks sign him. He would be a good replacement for one of our more offensive defensemen.

My only concern is that this bumps many of the Canucks prospects down a spot.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#3 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

If only his first name was Mike.
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#4 mrsoshicanuck

mrsoshicanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

If only his first name was Mike.

Beat me to it. :bigblush:
http://www.gifsoup.com/

#5 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

I would like to see the Canucks sign him. He would be a good replacement for one of our more offensive defensemen.

My only concern is that this bumps many of the Canucks prospects down a spot.

I would rather not see the Canucks sign a 5' 9" 171 lb defenceman. Could you imagine him playng against the forwards on LA?

#6 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

I would rather not see the Canucks sign a 5' 9" 171 lb defenceman. Could you imagine him playng against the forwards on LA?

Way to not quote the immense qualifier before that part...

"If we go through another injury plagued season where we have our 13th defensemen playing *knocking again*, or if he dominates at the AHL level" I would like to see the Canucks sign him.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#7 Allt svartnar

Allt svartnar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

I think he will be invited to camp.
last.fm | "så kunde därav intet annat följa än allmogens och gemene mans ruin och undergång"

#8 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

I played hockey with this guy just this summer. Such a class act it's unbelievable.

he thinks, Connauton is one of the best dmans, and he thinks Schroeder and Rodin is equally as good.

I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#9 TheRussianRocket96

TheRussianRocket96

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

I played with Brad in the past and he is definitely a class act. Has a huge heart as he was always one of those kids told he was not big enough. Great character, very shifty and is a very smart player. Has NHL potential with his work ethic for sure.

#10 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Canucks didn't sign him, the Wolves did therefore he isn't under contract with us and cannot be called up.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.