The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Guillaume Desbiens with Vancouver

Can someone explain to me why we sign neverhasbeens and neverwillbes for the Wolves?

Why don't we sign some ancient good/skilled players who can still pass on a few moves and coaching advice to our young prospects.

I keep seeing a vision of the Chicago ice with tumbleweed blowing over it with the signings we have made so far.........What are these guys going to teach our prospects?

If he can score more than 2010-11 Chris Tanev (0 G-1 A -1 P) and provide solid physical play I would call Desbiens' signing acceptable, but really these strictly pugilistic guys are for the most part on their way out.

Hope this is just more AHL fodder, but (unless Bitz doesn't want to sign here) I hope that Byron's coming back with that 6'5" frame and 22 pts. in 97 games (0.23 points per game) which are decent totals. I'm looking forward to Weise, Pinizzotto and Bitz on the 4th to play regularly and offer skill with their physicality, while Volpatti and Desbiens could come in for games like those against the Bruins if they play dirty, but for the most part I hope that physical, hard-nosed play with skill from these sizable players replaces strictly fighting guys. Desbiens for the most part is one of those strictly fighting guys (he's only one year younger than Bitz, but smaller and has no points in 23 NHL games <_<).

Archived