Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Signing] Guillaume Desbiens with Vancouver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#121 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

[quote name='blister soul' timestamp='1343697373' post='10817799']
This, this is now the headline on TSN? :picard:
[/quote]

Just a decoy to confuse the haters untill Doan signs.

#122 Trelane42

Trelane42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Pity he's not a faster skater. Even so, I'd still rate him as almost even with Weise skill wise and a much better fighter (Weise must be among the league leaders in getting worked).

Desbiens on 4th along with Doan and Kassian in the top 9 (at the expense of Raymond) would do wonders for our toughness quotient and alleged lack of willingness to drop the mitts and just yap.

#123 canucks1692

canucks1692

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

How about he just waits until he has something intelligent to say? In which case it could be years before # 10,000.

Posted Image

#124 SynysterGates

SynysterGates

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

It is sad that this thread has 5 pages. Slow offseason anyone?

#125 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

I liked Desbiens before, though he didn't show a whole lot during the season. I hope he does better this time around.
Posted Image

#126 odjick29

odjick29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Saw the little bugger here in Cowtown live and remember saying to my friends, were the hell was that in Vancouver?

he is another guy who could have been a legit heavy, instead we give this chump another go at it.

I'm praying Volpatti's right hand wasn't a fluke last year. So many toughguy's available, why Gillis?
RIP RYP
Posted Image

#127 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Saw the little bugger here in Cowtown live and remember saying to my friends, were the hell was that in Vancouver?

he is another guy who could have been a legit heavy, instead we give this chump another go at it.

I'm praying Volpatti's right hand wasn't a fluke last year. So many toughguy's available, why Gillis?

He got worked in their rematch. Volpatti is a good fighter but he is not a heavy who will take on other tough heavy weights. At least desbiens takes on guys like Orr and jackman, but ya I was hoping we could get a legit enforcer as well. It's crazy to think we could of picked up Orr or macintyre at a discount last year.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.