The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Guillaume Desbiens with Vancouver

Finally gillis gets us our 2nd line playmaker we need.! So stoked to see him set up kes and booth, not to mention smash somE bodies. If anything he will be a good mentor to kassian. Teach him how to play the game the way a big guy should..

Pretty useless signing. He didn't do much when he was a Canuck so I'm not sure why we're going back to him now unless scouting saw something we didn't. He's way below guys like Volpatti, Pinizotto and Weise on the depth chart so shouldn't have to play an NHL game next season.

I seriously hope this isn't to replace Bitz.

Pretty useless signing. He didn't do much when he was a Canuck so I'm not sure why we're going back to him now unless scouting saw something we didn't. He's way below guys like Volpatti, Pinizotto and Weise on the depth chart so shouldn't have to play an NHL game next season.

I seriously hope this isn't to replace Bitz.

I think it's a good signing. Put pressure on guys competing for the 4th and a decent AHLer. That's one side the other is his career last year came off track and now he's back in familiar territory. This is probably as he knows almost his last chance to get time in the show. He knows that nucks will at least give him a fair shot. What the nucks are getting come training camp is one very motivated player. It's a zero risk with some potential payback for the nucks if it works out.

That's what he's asking. The only way he's leaving the desert is if a team meets his quote of 4 years and $30-million. He might not end up getting that much, but he's also perfectly fine staying in the desert for less.

Last year alone:

He fought Boll.

Bissonnette.

Clowe.

Name someone besides Kassian who could do that?

And we got room for contracts. We're not pushing 50 this year.

Excellent depth signing. He's also very good at the AHL level (although he is coming off a bad year). Someone to protect our young guys and potentially help the club offensively.

That's what he's asking. The only way he's leaving the desert is if a team meets his quote of 4 years and $30-million. He might not end up getting that much, but he's also perfectly fine staying in the desert for less.

Archived