• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

palindrom

[Game] Luongo to Vancouver!

Kesler+ for Luongo is horrible for the Canucks. If we had Schneider, why would we even want Luongo, and why would we trade one of our best players for someone we don't need who has a bad contract, and is aging

Kesler+ for Luongo is horrible for the Canucks. If we had Schneider, why would we even want Luongo, and why would we trade one of our best players for someone we don't need who has a bad contract, and is aging

Firstly, lol. An elite goalie can steal you games and take you to the postseason while a top 6 player can't. Trade away a forward, he will replaced by someone else; trade away a star goalie, he will lift and carry a team and give them more than any forward could give. Example: Toronto - can trade for all the forwards in the works, got JVR recently but they won't do crap cause their goalie suck.

Secondly, Kesler = Weiss = lol

Lastly, you have no hockey knowledge and never knew you could put a % on intelligence - almost as good as Samjam saying the deal was 90% done.

I undervalue Luongo, but even I know he is worth more then just Weiss alone. Saying Weise > Luongo is just stupid.

Maybe Kesler + Luongo for Weiss, Versteeg and Gudbranson

I undervalue Luongo, but even I know he is worth more then just Weiss alone. Saying Weise > Luongo is just stupid.

Maybe Kesler + Luongo for Weiss, Versteeg and Gudbranson

I don't under value Luongo at all. He's a terrific goalie and the best one this team has ever seen. It's his contract that I want no part of.

Well it depends on what team we are trying to get him from. I'd have no problem giving up a 1st, solid prospect, and a couple of roster players for him.

Or if we have Schneider in this situation, I'd trade him for Lu +

Either way, I'm not like some of these posters saying he is worth little to nothing, which is quite pathetic.

Another good example of the importance of goalies is the Flyers vs Penguins series.

Look at the forwards on each team:

Flyers:

-Giroux, Voracek, Briere, Jagr, Simmonds, Hartnell, Schenn, Couturier, etc.

Penguins:

-Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Cooke, Dupuis, Sullivan, etc.

Their forwards couldn't do s**t about their goalies allowing in goal after goal....if we put in a better goaltender for one team, lets say Lundqvist replaces Fleury...the end result of the series would have been VERY different