The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Mike Gillis Demanding Nick Bjugstad From the Florida Panthers?

Sharpshooter

Some Canuck fans are really pathetic. The ones that want it done right now. Because you kids are too damn impatient. It's like those are the same morons, that will probably complain that the trade sucks if its done right away.

Mike Gillis knows what he's doing. We are not going to give him away just for the sake of it or for the sake of getting it done quickly. There is no deadline or timeline to get this done. MIke Gillis will ride the season out with him in the line up if he has too. I rather have 9 million bucks in goalies then make a stupid trade. Nuff said. Brian Burke did the same thing with Pavel Bure. (Of course there was no salary cap back then).

Some Canuck fans are really pathetic. The ones that want it done right now. Because you kids are too damn impatient. It's like those are the same morons, that will probably complain that the trade sucks if its done right away.

Mike Gillis knows what he's doing. We are not going to give him away just for the sake of it or for the sake of getting it done quickly. There is no deadline or timeline to get this done. MIke Gillis will ride the season out with him in the line up if he has too. I rather have 9 million bucks in goalies then make a stupid trade. Nuff said. Brian Burke did the same thing with Pavel Bure. (Of course there was no salary cap back then).

Gillis has said his job is give the Canucks a good chance to win the cup on a regular basis. That means you don't mortgage the future to win today. I know all the fans don't care and just want to win the cup, but guess what? It is a business and that business makes money by running deep in to the playoffs for multiple years.

Is Gillis right to hold out for a young bluechip asset like Bjugstad then? Or should he get the best veteran from FLA, or TOR, or CHI, if he can from any of those teams, and only think about the season coming up as our last kick at the can?

Personally, I don't mind if his patience translates into a Bjugstad or similarly decent prospect (Howden?)

Archived