Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Why is Mike Gillis Demanding Nick Bjugstad From the Florida Panthers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#181 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

If we can get Matthias and Gudbranson or Petrovic I will be happy.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#182 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

In all these posts, there's the one thing I thought of that I haven't seen mentioned here why we should trade for Bjugstad - CAP RELIEF.

With Bjugstad committed to college for the upcoming year, getting him in return for Luongo essentially erases Lu's cap hit for a year, allowing us the freedom to land a veteran for a year or two. When Bjugstad is ready, then other salaries come off the books. It's like when we got Ehrhoff and Lukowich for P. White and Rahimi. Neither of those guys were going to suit up for the Sharks, but it got 2 salaries off of the Sharks' books so that they could afford Heatley.

And personally, for that cup window, I'd rather have the Canucks competitive every year, than to have them load up for a single run, and then suck until we get some top end draft picks.

10055118.jpg

You don't understand anything, man. Leave your stupid comments in your pocket

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.