The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is your GPA higher on a 4.33 or 4

canuckbeliever

Nope it was 5 months of solid self-prep for me. I used the Powerscore bibles, a few of the LSAC prep test books and the most recent prep tests bought online in PDF format.

Are you using the previously administered questions released as prep tests? That is probably by far the single most important aspect of studying IMO.

Dude was probably just trolling, I'd ignore him.

I've signed up for the Kaplan prep test and have all the LSAT questions ever released lol. I hope 2 months of prep will be sufficient for the October test. I really don't want to do the December exam. We'll see how it goes! I've heard a lot about the powerscore bible, in particular for the logic games section. I think I'm going to buy that one.

Dude was probably just trolling.

Oh good stuff. I haven't tried Kaplan myself but yeah the LG bible is definitely awesome, outside of their method for Pure Sequencing games. The A-B (as in A goes before B) method is a lot better than the system Powerscore came up with IMO.

Are you still in school? I can't imagine what it'd be like worrying about the LSAT and finals at the same time (since I chickened out in November lol).

E: Also from what I've seen I think 2 months would be on the lower end of the amount of time people usually take for what it's worth.

In regard to the LSAT:

Make sure you invest in the powerscore bibles. These WILL increase your score. They helped me more than both Kaplan in class and the Kaplan on-line course.

Also, you truly need to up your GPA drastically. With your current GPA, you will likely find it difficult to get into UBC and near impossible to get an offer from UVic without an LSAT score near 170.

But if you get solid A minuses in your last 2 years and a 160+ LSAT, you will no doubt get into a law school in Canada.

Good luck, and also, if you are looking for more information, check out www.lawstudents.ca

It's a great resource for aspiring law students.

taxi, what do you do, may i ask? i'm assuming it's not corporate law?

and i don't mean to pry, but what's a "fine living"?

thanks for the post, i haven't heard many speak positively about the law world in vancouver, but now i'm curious

taxi, what do you do, may i ask? i'm assuming it's not corporate law?

and i don't mean to pry, but what's a "fine living"?

thanks for the post, i haven't heard many speak positively about the law world in vancouver, but now i'm curious

Archived