The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks also interested in Jason Arnott

He's been a minus player...what - twice in the last 15 years or something? His production has dipped - but he's responsible at both ends of the ice and a great playoff performer. I'd be happy with him. I'd even say if we got Doan - Arnott would be a nice addition as well if there isn't a 3rd center out there that's younger and just as good.

LOL LOL LOL "yay shiny new toy!!!"

hillarous Canuck fans..

Arnott would be horrible on this team. We are a fast skating team. Arnott is slow and will have no energy by the time the playoffs come trying to keep up with Hansen and Higgins. A big Hell No to this. If we dont get Doan im all for trading LU to get top 6. Id rather have Schroeder or Lappy centre the 3rd than Arnott.

If Kes comes back sooner than anticipated, I don't think Arnott would want to play on the 4th line; Anywhere else, and he could be a solid 3rd line (possibly a 2nd on the bottom feeders that need to get to the cap floor). I can see another team give him more than what he's worth. If he joins the Nucks, it'll be for below UFA market value and because he wants to win a cup. My hunch is that he'll follow the $$$.

Archived