The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks also interested in Jason Arnott

We wont be trading Tanev anytime soon. And Bjugstad is playing in NCAA again next season, not NHL. I also highly doubt were going to be getting Doan, Arnott, AND Mattias. Florida isn't likely to be giving up both Mattias and Bjugstad.

Sure hope Arnott comes and that the team DID make him an offer, Doan for $30M is NOT worth it if rumors are true...

Hopefully Vancouver can get its play maker in Versteeg from Florida (along with Theodore) for Lu+.

Twins - Booth

Burr - Kes - Versteeg

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen

Manny - Lapierre - Kassian

Weise, Pinizzotto

Kris was rumored to be part of deals for Lu, and he's averaged over 0.5 P.P.G. in the playoffs. His shot and pass are both good, he's pesky but can also play offensive minutes. Hope they come (or possibly Clemmensen and pick can return? Theodore does have a N.T.C. but Scott doesn't, and he was 14-6 in 30 games last season with .913 SV% and ~2.5 G.A.A. which aren't bad.)

I honestly think you can't go wrong adding vets like Arnott or Doan; they both bring great leadership qualities and both have size which is exactly what we're lacking. I know we're trying to get younger, but Arnott could probably be signed on a 1-year deal. Arnott at a cheap price would make sense, no doubt. With Kesler out til December, Arnott can fill in on the 2nd line C role and when Kes returns, he slides down onto the third line.

IF we could add both Arnott & Doan, I really like our chances this year.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Higgins - Arnott - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

// Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Lack/UFA Goalie

It also means we could carry extra centers which is a good thing, in crucial face-offs we could throw an extra out on the ice in case one gets waived out on the draw.

:huh:

Cpl months of heavy minutes while Kesler recovers, and Arnott is in shape > then 8 to 12 minutes a game 5 on 5 plus 2knd PP minutes to monitor his minutes. Perfect to have a 220 lb vet fresh for the play off's???

Sounds abso stinkin lutely perfect!

Sounds perfect

Yikes, not so happy to hear this.

If they're going to have a 3rd line centre who they'll have to shelter, they're better off putting Schroeder there IMO. Arnotts not a tough minutes centre. Last yr he got inflated zone starts (something that will not happen in Van), and got a fair chuck of PP time (not likely to happen in Van). On the positive side, he's a plus possession player and can he move to the wing if necessary.

Hopefully they sign Doan cause I'd rather not see Arnott.

Arnott would be fantastic! We need a 3rd line center, and if he signs, we can trade Luongo for a prospect who's not ready, cause our line up would be near to complete. The only piece missing would be Doan. If we get Bjugstad, he would be ready next year, so he would take Arnott's role. If we don't sing him or Doan, I think MG should go after a ready player in Florida, but it's much more beneficial for us if we sign both Arnott and Doan.

Fixed that for you.

Since I've started checking the only things I've seen @HockeyyInsiderr get right are things he's retweeted as his own from other people who are actually connected. I don't see any other sources for this one, and it remains to be seen if there's any truth to it.

If I saw a previous source that was legit like his other claims at authenticity (/topic/333507-signing-stars-re-sign-mark-fistric/page__p__10799760#entry10799760">exhibit A, /topic/333705-signing-hurricanes-sign-alex-semin/page__st__60__p__10809590#entry10809590">exhibit B), I'd believe it then, but until I see anything to substantiate it, I'll believe it's still a Doan or Arnott stuation, and that Doan is plan A.

EDIT: At some point, it may become counter-productive to keep waiting for Doan. I could see us moving ahead with Arnott at that point, but I don't think that time has come yet.

Sorry buddy your wrong, a lot of people here of CDC are interested in his information. Although I do agree with you on everything else, his information is mostly illegitimate. It is interesting, that's why 26,000 people follow him!

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($5.550m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.250m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $74,568,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (25-man roster):- $4,368,333

so as you can see that brings us almost 4.4 million over the cap, however, a luongo trade is inevidable IMO and apparently his vallue is going down so i say we cap dump him and sign eddie lack as a back up. if done this brings us to 305 thousand under the cap.

now the big question, how do we resign star players burrows and edler the following year?

simple we dont resign Malhotra and Raymond. all 4 contracts expire the same year (along with others i dont see getting raises)

this line up would win the cup as much as i would hate to lose luongo

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($5.550m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.250m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $74,568,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (25-man roster):- $4,368,333

Archived