The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan= bye bye Edler or Burrows

carlweezer

Next year when Edler and Burr need new contracts

Canuck fans drooling over the possibility of a new toy, happens every year, i even read posts about why we didnt sign alex semin or should we go after andrei kostitsyn? To be fair i do believe that Doan is a piece that we could sorely use, a tough rugged leader. However to pay him 6 mil or more for 4 years would be absoloutely bonkers!

" well our window is closing and we need to win now".. This is garbage because if a team is ran properly thru drafting and economical free agent signing well then there is no window. Just ask the red wings, i guess their window is 15 to 20 yrs?

We have 2.5 mil left on our cap, if we sign Doan to a 6 mil contract it will put us 3.5 mil over the cap. "well we can trade lu for picks and prospects" if you think gillis is getting low balled now on lu offers what do you think other gms will offer when they know we need to get rid of 4 mil in 3 weeks? This is why teams rarely go over the cap in the summer because other teams will rape them in trade offers.

Speaking of windows, our team strength the last 2 president trophy years have been our depth and not just the sedins. How do you propose we compete next season when we wont be able to afford Edler and Burrows who are both entitled to massive raises. Not to mention Lappy, higgins, Raymond are all ufa and Tanev an rfa. ??

I can also see it now this time next year " mg is the worst gm!! Why isnt he signing free agents on the market!!"

This will be the headlines next summer when canuck fans are left out of the party and sweepstakes. W. big name players like getzlaf,perry,iginla,morrow,hartnell,semin,Lupul,roy,zajac,clowe are all on the market as free agents!!

I will be the first to welcome doan w. Open arms if he signs but im not so sure its not a better idea if we wait 1 more summer for players on the same mold that are younger and would cost less (zajac, clowe,hartnell)

Hahaha, good stuff. No chance that Doan will result in the departure of either of these guys. Gillis would throw Ballard, Raymond, Alberts, and others on waivers before that happens. Also, Malhotra's contract expires meaning anothe 2.5mill off the books next year.

Yea, so a Luongo deal = we'll be under the cap for this year & cap will rise next year plus Malhtra and Raymond will be free agents so we'll have at least $5 million in cap space from them alone; lets say $3 mill in cap raising totalling $8 million to resign them at the least...I think we're good..

Canuck fans drooling over the possibility of a new toy, happens every year, i even read posts about why we didnt sign alex semin or should we go after andrei kostitsyn? To be fair i do believe that Doan is a piece that we could sorely use, a tough rugged leader. However to pay him 6 mil or more for 4 years would be absoloutely bonkers!

" well our window is closing and we need to win now".. This is garbage because if a team is ran properly thru drafting and economical free agent signing well then there is no window. Just ask the red wings, i guess their window is 15 to 20 yrs?

We have 2.5 mil left on our cap, if we sign Doan to a 6 mil contract it will put us 3.5 mil over the cap. "well we can trade lu for picks and prospects" if you think gillis is getting low balled now on lu offers what do you think other gms will offer when they know we need to get rid of 4 mil in 3 weeks? This is why teams rarely go over the cap in the summer because other teams will rape them in trade offers.

Speaking of windows, our team strength the last 2 president trophy years have been our depth and not just the sedins. How do you propose we compete next season when we wont be able to afford Edler and Burrows who are both entitled to massive raises. Not to mention Lappy, higgins, Raymond are all ufa and Tanev an rfa. ??

I can also see it now this time next year " mg is the worst gm!! Why isnt he signing free agents on the market!!"

This will be the headlines next summer when canuck fans are left out of the party and sweepstakes. W. big name players like getzlaf,perry,iginla,morrow,hartnell,semin,Lupul,roy,zajac,clowe are all on the market as free agents!!

I will be the first to welcome doan w. Open arms if he signs but im not so sure its not a better idea if we wait 1 more summer for players on the same mold that are younger and would cost less (zajac, clowe,hartnell)

Archived