The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan= bye bye Edler or Burrows

carlweezer

Well put! But let's not rip on Manny. He's paid his dues and he's only expected to win faceoffs; nothing more.

Also, IMO Sauve fills the spot. Third pairing, more physical and (in the very little I've seen Sauve and Connauto) more responsible in his own end... Important.

Edler is "entitled to a massive raise"???? That throws out your theory right there. Other than the fact all salaries escalate over time, Edler hasn't done anything to even justify the salary he is making now, let alone be "entitled" to receive a "massive" raise.

Manny could very well have a bounce back season. Remember he wasn't able to train for the bulk of last year's short offseason. Before his eye injury he was in the conversation with Kesler for the Selke. Only last year was he downgraded from being a premier 3rd line center. I am not saying it WILL happen, but if he's going to bounce back to form it will likely be this year.

Whoa bro... I was not in any way critical of Manny. Since his eye injury, IMO he's really only expected to win faceoffs. Have you noticed that after the draw, back checking and on the rush,, he's playing wing... bad eye to the boards.... I've got nothing but love for Manny, he's paid his dues and he played great last year for a guy with one and a half eyes.. After that puck in the eye, every year is a come back.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($5.550m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.250m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $74,568,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (25-man roster):- $4,368,333

so as you can see that brings us almost 4.4 million over the cap, however, a luongo trade is inevidable IMO and apparently his vallue is going down so i say we cap dump him and sign eddie lack as a back up. if done this brings us to 305 thousand under the cap.

now the big question, how do we resign star players burrows and edler the following year?

simple we dont resign Malhotra and Raymond. all 4 contracts expire the same year (along with others i dont see getting raises)

this line up would win the cup as much as i would hate to lose luongo

Archived