The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan= bye bye Edler or Burrows

carlweezer

First of all, getting Doan = Luongo would be cap-dumped.

Secondly, the cap may rise yet again.

Thirdly, there are plenty of UFA's other than Edler and Burrows coming up.

Lastly, for every rumoured player coming in, there are 'OMG CAP!' threads to go with it. Meanwhile, teams like NYR and Philly remain totally unconcerned. It's time to grow up as a franchise and a fanbase. The cap is meaningless.

I don't see the cap going down as there are too many teams that would need to shed salary to be compliant... much more likely that the cap stays the same for a couple of years until new revenue % for the players catches up. The players are unlikely to accept another rollback of wages.

As folks have said, you subtract Raymond, Malhotra, Luongo, and probably Ballard and you have millions to spare to give those two guys raises.... they each probably get an extra $2 million.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Shane Doan ($6.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Dale Weise ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Kevin Connauton ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.660m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,314,167; BONUSES: $185,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $8,885,833

LOL LOL you think the cap will rise next season? Are u serious? Do u want me to remind you what the cap went down to the last time there was a lockout. Owners arent stupid, the new CBA will propose a waay lower cap trust me! There is no way cap will rise. Why do u think shea weber went for the home run now? Long term contracts will be invalid and cap will be lower in new cba.

HMMMMM I think you might be on to something..... who knows where the cap is gonna be

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Shane Doan ($6.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / BURROWS NEW CONTRACT ($4.000m)

HIGGINS NEW CONTRACT ($2.750m) / LAPIERE NEW CONTRACT ($2.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

EDLER NEW CONTRACT ($5.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

TANEV NEW CONTRACT ($1.750m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,370,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (16-man roster): $6,830,000

Depth is only valuable if you have the right pieces to begin with. The Nucks don't!!! Doan fills a need that the last 2 years have shown the Nucks sorely need. A true, honest, hard-working, power forward that can out-muscle and out-hit other teams and who has enough nastiness to intimidate.

Booth, Higgins and Kesler intimidate no-one! Our top line of Burrows and the Sedins is likely the softest in the league.

Kassian is a few years away from filling the role of power forward and the Sedins will likely be lesser players by the time he is ready.

Doan on a 3 yr deal makes great sense for this core group and their chance to get a cup.

First of all, getting Doan = Luongo would be cap-dumped.

Secondly, the cap may rise yet again.

Thirdly, there are plenty of UFA's other than Edler and Burrows coming up.

Lastly, for every rumoured player coming in, there are 'OMG CAP!' threads to go with it. Meanwhile, teams like NYR and Philly remain totally unconcerned. It's time to grow up as a franchise and a fanbase. The cap is meaningless.

I agree Doan would help, especially this year while everyone is under contract...however after this year i think Doan will cripple us more than help us if he signs for over 6 mil for 4 years.. 40 yrs old old making 6 mil? really?

If Doan wants that much I think we should pass and instead trade LU for a similar player(obviously not as good as doan) but then next summer we go after Hatnell and Clowe hard who are both younger and cheaper and play the same role..

Archived