The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan= bye bye Edler or Burrows

carlweezer

This is my first post. My speculations is that the cap will go up, and that the new CBA agreement will either limit the number of years a contract can be, or more likely that the front loading contract loophole will get closed. Therefor no more Parise, Suter, or Weber contracts with huge signing Bonuses.

:picard:

The Sedins have been waiting for years for a big winger capable of playing with them.

Burrows does an admirable job complimenting them. But as a line they are dead once they loose the puck because with 3 185 lb'ers they cant win the puck back or play D against big match ups. We need a big wing who can do what Burrows does, or we have to start splitting the Sedins to avoid ongoing match up problems. More teams are already realizing stacking their big guys on them is the Twin solution.

And if Doan plays right wing what do you do with Booth? We already have Danny, Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, Jensen on our left wing depth chart...

Burrows is incredible with the Sedins. I doubt Doan meshes that well with them. I see Doan beasting with Kesler on the 2nd line.

:picard:

The Sedins have been waiting for years for a big winger capable of playing with them.

Burrows does an admirable job complimenting them. But as a line they are dead once they loose the puck because with 3 185 lb'ers they cant win the puck back or play D against big match ups. We need a big wing who can do what Burrows does, or we have to start splitting the Sedins to avoid ongoing match up problems. More teams are already realizing stacking their big guys on them is the Twin solution.

And if Doan plays right wing what do you do with Booth? We already have Danny, Burrows, Higgins, Raymond, Jensen on our left wing depth chart...

This is my first post. My speculations is that the cap will go up, and that the new CBA agreement will either limit the number of years a contract can be, or more likely that the front loading contract loophole will get closed. Therefor no more Parise, Suter, or Weber contracts with huge signing Bonuses.

Hey, Shane Doan is very religious i hear.

Let's hi-jack this thread and get it locked up like the Manny Malhotra Gay Pride Parade thread too.

On second thought, let's not and say we did.

I figured that thread would be locked up quick. Not because CDC is pathetic, but because people in general are pathetic. Speaking broadly, of course.

Hey, Shane Doan is very religious i hear.

Let's hi-jack this thread and get it locked up like the Manny Malhotra Gay Pride Parade thread too.

On second thought, let's not and say we did.

I figured that thread would be locked up quick. Not because CDC is pathetic, but because people in general are pathetic. Speaking broadly, of course.

next year we'll get rid of the overpaid plugs (raymond, ballard and Malhotra) and replace them with cheaper more 'bang for your buck' type players on their entry level contracts!

I'm talking of course of:

1) Nicklas Jensen who would already be more effective than Mason 'I belong on Disney on ice' Raymond.

2) Kevin Connauton who, I mean lets face it, can't be any worse than Keith 'livin the dream in the dog house' Ballard.

3) Brendan Gaunce who is already physically ready and mature can certainly handle 3rd line duties next year replacing the need for Manny 'I played with Gretzky ::D ' Malhotra.

All three of these young studs will be cheaper as they will be on their entry level contracts, more effective, and add much youth and energy to a Canucks team that, I mean lets face it, as of right now belongs in a retirement home. Getting rid of the plugs will then provide us the cap to resign such players as Burrows and Edler.

Problem solved.

The end...... You're welcome.

Ballard, Raymond, Luongo, Alberts, and maybe Malhotra are gonna be gone ( Unless he takes a discount)

That's more than $15 million gone. Lots of money to sign players.

Hansen about $2-$3 million.

Edler for about $5-$6 million

Burrows about $4 million

Lapierre about $1.5-$2 million

Higgins about $3 million

Tanev about $1.5$-2.5 million

I really don't agree with the OP at all.

First of all the Red Wings are the exception to the rule. The reality is that we've lost to the championship team 3 years running. 2 of those teams, especially Chicago loaded up for a season and won it all. You can't tell me it doesn't work, it's worked recently. Kings getting Carter at the deadline this year didn't hurt them either.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try and build long term success like Detroit, I feel that Vancouver has been doing that. But to say that Doan will cost us Burrows and Edler is preposterous. Ballard and Raymond will go before that happens and I don't think MG is going to resign Malhotra after his contract runs out this season and his hit is 2.5 mil. Those 3 make up almost 9 million and I suspect that will be close enough to make it work, obviously cap limit depending.

Of course it depends on what Doan might settle one. I don't really care about some stupid report on TSN. If Doan is serious about playing on a contending team he can't and won't get 7.5/season, it's just not realistic, he needs to be in between 5-6 million/season. That goes for playing for the Flyers, Kings or the Rangers even.

If Doan is willing to sign for a 4yr 24mil deal, you sign it and dump Luongo before the season starts. Doan will give us a huge edge for at least the next 2 seasons. This guy is everything we're missing and we can fit him, get it done.

LOL LOL you think the cap will rise next season? Are u serious? Do u want me to remind you what the cap went down to the last time there was a lockout. Owners arent stupid, the new CBA will propose a waay lower cap trust me! There is no way cap will rise. Why do u think shea weber went for the home run now? Long term contracts will be invalid and cap will be lower in new cba.

Ballard, Raymond, Luongo, Alberts, and maybe Malhotra are gonna be gone ( Unless he takes a discount)

That's more than $15 million gone. Lots of money to sign players.

Hansen about $2-$3 million.

Edler for about $5-$6 million

Burrows about $4 million

Lapierre about $1.5-$2 million

Higgins about $3 million

Tanev about $1.5$-2.5 million

Archived