Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Doan= bye bye Edler or Burrows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#121 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Well put! But let's not rip on Manny. He's paid his dues and he's only expected to win faceoffs; nothing more.
Also, IMO Sauve fills the spot. Third pairing, more physical and (in the very little I've seen Sauve and Connauto) more responsible in his own end... Important.

Neither one of these guys are NHL ready
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#122 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Edler is "entitled to a massive raise"???? That throws out your theory right there. Other than the fact all salaries escalate over time, Edler hasn't done anything to even justify the salary he is making now, let alone be "entitled" to receive a "massive" raise.

Ask the the rest of NHL GMs when he hits the free agent market next summer and he is potentially the best option out there ,He wont have any problem pulling in 6 mil a yr
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#123 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Manny could very well have a bounce back season. Remember he wasn't able to train for the bulk of last year's short offseason. Before his eye injury he was in the conversation with Kesler for the Selke. Only last year was he downgraded from being a premier 3rd line center. I am not saying it WILL happen, but if he's going to bounce back to form it will likely be this year.

Whoa bro... I was not in any way critical of Manny. Since his eye injury, IMO he's really only expected to win faceoffs. Have you noticed that after the draw, back checking and on the rush,, he's playing wing... bad eye to the boards.... I've got nothing but love for Manny, he's paid his dues and he played great last year for a guy with one and a half eyes.. After that puck in the eye, every year is a come back.

Edited by luckylager, 02 August 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#124 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Neither one of these guys are NHL ready

I think we'll see some Sauve this year. As if he's not ready

#125 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Whoa bro... I was not in any way critical of Manny. Since his eye injury, IMO he's really only expected to win faceoffs. Have you noticed that after the draw, back checking and on the rush,, he's playing wing... bad eye to the boards.... I've got nothing but love for Manny, he's paid his dues and he played great last year for a guy with one and a half eyes.. After that puck in the eye, every year is a come back.

I wasn't implying that you had hated on Malholtra at all, but was merely adding to your support of him by saying that he is actually in a position to really impress a lot of people rather than just winning faceoffs.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#126 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

I wasn't implying that you had hated on Malholtra at all, but was merely adding to your support of him by saying that he is actually in a position to really impress a lot of people rather than just winning faceoffs.

I too hope Manny is able to play at even 95% of his first season abilities .. he is a leader who leads best by example .. like Henrik and Hamhuis do ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#127 CanuckGM2013

CanuckGM2013

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($5.550m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.250m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)
Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $74,568,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (25-man roster):- $4,368,333

so as you can see that brings us almost 4.4 million over the cap, however, a luongo trade is inevidable IMO and apparently his vallue is going down so i say we cap dump him and sign eddie lack as a back up. if done this brings us to 305 thousand under the cap.

now the big question, how do we resign star players burrows and edler the following year?
simple we dont resign Malhotra and Raymond. all 4 contracts expire the same year (along with others i dont see getting raises)

this line up would win the cup as much as i would hate to lose luongo

Edited by CanuckGM2013, 04 August 2012 - 05:59 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.