The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens offer Subban two-year, $5.5M contract

...Subban to Vancouver :bigblush:

Serious talk though you guys have to consider that he's not John Tavares or Steven Stamkos coming off their EL deals. He had one season where he scored 14 goals and he dropped to 7 last year and his seasons of 38 and 36 points respectively.

If we're basing salary off of merit I don't think he deserves a lot more than this offer since scoring is weighted much more heavily than defence.

...Subban to Vancouver :bigblush:

Serious talk though you guys have to consider that he's not John Tavares or Steven Stamkos coming off their EL deals. He had one season where he scored 14 goals and he dropped to 7 last year and his seasons of 38 and 36 points respectively.

If we're basing salary off of merit I don't think he deserves a lot more than this offer since scoring is weighted much more heavily than defence.

No way he doesn't get at least $3M, even Edler got $3.25 in his last contract-- $2.75 is just low-balling...

If Snow was smart (his team needs D depth) he should try to sign P.K. since the Habs only have $6M and change while the Isles have $22M. The Isles also haven't been able to build a contender with legit veteran pieces, so they can add a guy like P.K. to their young core and easily improve (not sure if Lubi will stay with them but if not then get another puck mover for the 3rd pairing for him).

Streit - Hamonic

McDonald - Subban

Visnovsky - Reinhart?/ Donovan

Carkner

Funny how the op edited out the part of the story that says Subban's agent denied the report

"Subban's representatives denied the report to Quebec sports network TVA Sports and maintained that nothing was imminent. "I don't see anything being done in the short term," Subban's Newport agent Mark Guy told TVA Sports on Wednesday afternoon. "These deals are difficult and take time."

He's a cancer in the locker room LOL. Can you unveil which Canadien player you are?

But seriously this is serious underpayment. I think Subban still needs to prove himself a bit more though, so maybe like 3 years @12 million or 2 years. Whatever floats Bergevin's boat

I think the locker room cancer rumors are false.. Camelleri made one comment and was traded. Pk would of been gone by now if that were true.

I see a fierce competitor who gives 110% every shift and in practice. I think the fights in practice are a product of that. This guy wants to win and wants to win bad. Personally I'd love a guy like him to get in Raymond's face at practice and say go to the effing net. Intensity like that rubs off on guys and gets them to step up their game.

Archived