The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens offer Subban two-year, $5.5M contract

He's a cancer in the locker room LOL. Can you unveil which Canadien player you are?

But seriously this is serious underpayment. I think Subban still needs to prove himself a bit more though, so maybe like 3 years @12 million or 2 years. Whatever floats Bergevin's boat

Would you trade Edler for Subban +?

I personally would, he's definitely a more fierce competitor and has that right hand shot.

Also, we could probably sign him for cheaper long term than Edler.

Edler would command upwards of 5 mill, meanwhile, I can see Subban signing long-term for a 3.5-4mill cap hit.

What'd ya think?!??

I personally would, he's definitely a more fierce competitor and has that right hand shot.

Edler would command upwards of 5 mill, meanwhile, I can see Subban signing long-term for a 3.5-4mill cap hit.

What'd ya think?!??

He's a number 1 defenseman. I would trade for him easily or offersheet him. 36 mil for 6 yrs? He is going to be a much better defenseman than Edler and if we can get him we can let Edler walk or trade him at the deadline. He gets into fights because he has passion, something the Canucks lack, mostly Edler as you saw in last year's playoffs. Bring on the Hate Edler lovers.

I would at a hockey and contract level. Edler is currently better than Subban, however we have left side depth and are missing the physical side Subban could offer. And Subban has a higher upside (as well as his runoured attitude adjustment requirements, but he is young).

But there is always something to be said for legacy. It would be great to keep a guy like Edler here through his career, much like keeping a good team together.

In the end, unless i dont think I can sign Edler, I keep him.

What'd ya think?!??

I definitely need a clue on this... Maybe I haven't seen enough Canucks games, but I sincerely fail to see how everyone is willing to get rid of Edler. I'm from Montréal, and have seen Subban quite often; in all honesty, I think Edler is a way more physical and intimidating player to play against. I also think he's more reliable defensively. (I might get flamed for this, but what the heck) To me Edler is the second coming of Ohlund, minus the leadership, that I hope he can develop soon enough.

Like I was saying though, as I lack some Canucks games' viewing, feel free to input some thoughts...

Cheers!

Archived