The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canadiens offer Subban two-year, $5.5M contract

Canadiens offer Subban two-year, $5.5M contract:

The Montreal Canadiens and restricted free agent defenceman P.K. Subban are still in negotiations over a new contract, as RDS reports that the team has offered him a two-year deal worth about $5.5 million.

RDS adds that both sides are still far apart as Subban's camp is looking for a longer term.

Subban made $875,000 last season, his third in the pros as part of his entry-level deal. He had seven goals and 29 assists in 81 games.

Subban, 23, was Montreal's second-round draft pick in 2007.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402069

Wow, that's pretty much an insult. I hate, hate, hate PK, I think he's a dweeb that think's he's the bomb, but the dude can play hockey, no doubting that. If Schenn can get 3.6, PK can easily get that, if not more.

I highly doubt you see Subban in a Habs jersey within the next 3 years

how did he get lowballed? He's a cancer in the locker room, his points can easily be replaced by a visnovsky type guy for the same amount, and two years gives him a chance to EARN those big bucks, unlike all the one-hit wonders who are making Crosby money for the next ten years.

how did he get lowballed? He's a cancer in the locker room, his points can easily be replaced by a visnovsky type guy for the same amount, and two years gives him a chance to EARN those big bucks, unlike all the one-hit wonders who are making Crosby money for the next ten years.

Someone will Offer Sheet him real soon with that offer. As Burke once said, there is no second contract anymore, they (young players) just get signed to lifetime deals these days. He'll end up getting long term and between 5-6 mill per season. Just watch as it unfolds....my hunch, Detroit, if not, Philly..with a longshot third place of Boston.

Archived