The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny Malhotra to March in Vancouver Pride Parade

Champions of Nothing

WOW

Totally proud to see my favorite hockey team being part of the Gay Pride Parade.

Congrats to the Canuck's organisation and the players to support the "You Can Play" program.

I guess I won't be wearing rainbow colors on Sunday but will proudly wear my Canucks t-shirt.

WAY TO GO CANUCKS !

Thanks Manny & Finn to be there with the Cutting Edges Gay Hockey team.

The ideal world is the world where sexual preference is not something anyone even notices. In that world there is no difference between a gay athlete and a straight athlete. That's why I support this cause. Good on Malhotra and the Canucks organization.

• Glad that they're not afraid to put their support into their beliefs. No matter what people may think/say, the Canucks organization is very classy in the way they deal with their community and role as ambassadors of the sport.

I have always wondered, what is the purpose of having a gay parade? I don't really understand the need for it in this day and age, I mean, gay people especially in Vancouver don't really get discriminated for it do they?

Nothing wrong with it, I just think we are past the parade stage. The fact that people make a big deal about who participates in it kinda surprises me too.

Archived