The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny Malhotra to March in Vancouver Pride Parade

Champions of Nothing

I have always wondered, what is the purpose of having a gay parade? I don't really understand the need for it in this day and age, I mean, gay people especially in Vancouver don't really get discriminated for it do they?

Nothing wrong with it, I just think we are past the parade stage. The fact that people make a big deal about who participates in it kinda surprises me too.

I have always wondered, what is the purpose of having a gay parade? I don't really understand the need for it in this day and age, I mean, gay people especially in Vancouver don't really get discriminated for it do they?

Nothing wrong with it, I just think we are past the parade stage. The fact that people make a big deal about who participates in it kinda surprises me too.

Manny made me proud to be a Canucks fan (not that I wasn't already proud to be a Canucks fan) I feel so lucky that we have classy guys on our team that care about these issues and want to make things better for everyone. I wish we lived in a world where pride parades, etc where not needed. I wish we lived in a time where they 'you can play' movement didn't need to be put in to effect but we sadly don't so Good for Manny and the rest of the Canucks for supporting this movement!

The ideal world is the world where sexual preference is not something anyone even notices. In that world there is no difference between a gay athlete and a straight athlete. That's why I support this cause. Good on Malhotra and the Canucks organization.

Obviously the issue stirs strong emotions in a lot of people but in 2012 I think marching against sexual discrimination in the workplace is a pretty self evident issue and shouldn't require an explanation as to why it is important. There is nothing in this world that justifies any reason from someone to treat another person with any less respect than they themselves wish to receive.

Props to Manny for supporting this cause.

I really hope that Manny has a position in coaching staff or management/scouting with Vancouver after he retires, we would continuously have the one of the best face-off team in the league!

Props to Manny and the franchise as a whole!

Archived