The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneiders start compared to Luongos

pwnstar

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last season, the Canucks went 15-10 in their first 25 games(which isn't horrendous by any means) . CDC was going nuts trying to fire AV and trade the farm for a stud player. Luongo was being ridiculed for having his "traditional" slow start, Kesler was trying to find his game, as was the rest of the team. My question is, what kind of start do you think Schneider will have in his #1 spot. I, for one believe that he will preform solidly and give us the start we need so the top 6 can stack points. Furthermore, he'll instill confidence in the team, giving them a clear mind when on the ice. We've all seen how spectacular he can be, and how he can get the team rolling with a couple clutch performances. The NHL, particularly the west, "have luongos number" per say, but they haven't had a chance to hone in on Schneider's game. Kinda how Lu came out of the east in 06 and had a good season in 07.

so what do u think?

Well, since I think Lu and Cory will be around for next season, I think Cory will do alright in his first 25, but he won't play his 25th till the team's 50-60th game. So probably another slow start, but not as much this season.

Also, I disagree with everyone in the west having Lu's number as you say. If that were true, he wouldn't have been one of our best players last year, and certainly wouldn't have been a vezina finalist 2 years ago. And by your logic, everyone in the west would have every other west goalie's number too, including Quick and Rinne.

Well, since I think Lu and Cory will be around for next season, I think Cory will do alright in his first 25, but he won't play his 25th till the team's 50-60th game. So probably another slow start, but not as much this season.

Also, I disagree with everyone in the west having Lu's number as you say. If that were true, he wouldn't have been one of our best players last year, and certainly wouldn't have been a vezina finalist 2 years ago. And by your logic, everyone in the west would have every other west goalie's number too, including Quick and Rinne.

Last year when luongo was injured a few games and cory had a good streak.

You all forget the 2 or 3 TERRIBLE games he had prior to that streak.

My point you ask? Cory will do well, but he will still have his derp moments like every other goalie. And with no sample size we cannot determine how he will react to them. My hope is that cory is amazing, my instinct tells me he will be a good to great goalie, but he has just as much potential to be the 2nd coming of dipietro.

Last year when luongo was injured a few games and cory had a good streak.

You all forget the 2 or 3 TERRIBLE games he had prior to that streak.

My point you ask? Cory will do well, but he will still have his derp moments like every other goalie. And with no sample size we cannot determine how he will react to them. My hope is that cory is amazing, my instinct tells me he will be a good to great goalie, but he has just as much potential to be the 2nd coming of dipietro.

Archived