The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Fla Edler or Hansen wanted

MG and the canucks should go talk to Edler and do an inside scheme...Tell Edler, ``Ok we`re going to trade you to Florida with Luongo so we get a good return and then whatever you do don`t sign with them and when you hit UFA next offseason, I will sign you to a 10 year contract, worth 60 million dollar contract...sounds good buddy?" :bigblush:

Edlers new contract will be lengthy and costly, and given his hot and cold play, I would deal him if we're getting something significant back. I have to be honest here but his playoff performance this year wasn't great. We've seen this guy at times play like a Norris candidate and win a series for us and then we've seen him play like garbage. It's a tough call with him.

If you going to spend 35 mil or so over 6 years, you better make sure you like what you have. Edler is a solid D man and he has the potential to grow more, he's just ooming into the prime of his career. i would be more than happy to keep him, but In a deal that involves Luongo and Edler, what we get back would probably be real significant.

This kind of deal might hinge on getting a guy like Doan and I would heavily consider it if that happened.

I wouldn't deal Hansen. At 1.3 for 3 years, I don't see how you could deal him. His value is so good. He works hard and his work ethic is valuable. While he isn't a great finisher, his passing game is top 6 quality. His takeaway abilities are fantastic, I couldn't believe we got him to sign for so little. I really think Hansen would be better served playing with Kesler, people might not agree with that assessment, but Kesler needs guys to feed him and I really like Hansen over Booth in that scenario.

In a scenario that involves us getting Doan, I would put him with the Twins and have Burrows and Hansen play with Kesler and I would place Booth on 3rd so that the we space out the natural shooters. But that's just me.

Archived