The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Fla Edler or Hansen wanted

MG and the canucks should go talk to Edler and do an inside scheme...Tell Edler, ``Ok we`re going to trade you to Florida with Luongo so we get a good return and then whatever you do don`t sign with them and when you hit UFA next offseason, I will sign you to a 10 year contract, worth 60 million dollar contract...sounds good buddy?" :bigblush:

MG and the canucks should go talk to Edler and do an inside scheme...Tell Edler, ``Ok we`re going to trade you to Florida with Luongo so we get a good return and then whatever you do don`t sign with them and when you hit UFA next offseason, I will sign you to a 10 year contract, worth 60 million dollar contract...sounds good buddy?" :bigblush:

Losing Edler for Huberdeau would hurt our chances of making a cup run this season.

The only player I would trade Edler for is Shea Weber.

Edler is still a great defenseman, his numbers don't lie. Maybe getting paired with Garrison will be what he needs. That could be a deadly pairing. Big, mobile cannons from the point? Goodness me!

i,d be ok with Hansen. I mean, he's a good 3rd liner, but I think he's overrated by CDC and benefits from playing on a strong, deep team. Plus that way Kassian would have real minutes on the 3rd line and could actually develop into something decent, rather than playing on the 4th line, 6 minutes per games.

Everyone needs to stop overvaluing Hansen. He is a 20 goal scorer at best. Most likely a 15 goal scorer.

If that's what it takes to get the deal done then do it.

I believe Bjugstad is the real deal, and will be NHL ready in the 2013/2014 season.

Trading Schroeder doesn't make sense, unless MG thinks Kesler will be ready for the start of the season.

Luongo, Schroeder, Hansen, 2nd round pick for Huberdea, Bjugstad, 1st round pick

DO IT MG.

The thing is, if he does the above trade MG will get criticized for not getting an impact player in return. He will need some free agent signings to off-set this. I think the signing of Doan would solidify our 2nd line.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Malhotra-Pinz

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Everyone needs to stop overvaluing Hansen. He is a 20 goal scorer at best. Most likely a 15 goal scorer.

I believe Bjugstad is the real deal, and will be NHL ready in the 2013/2014 season.

Trading Schroeder doesn't make sense, unless MG thinks Kesler will be ready for the start of the season.

Luongo, Schroeder, Hansen, 2nd round pick for Huberdea, Bjugstad, 1st round pick

DO IT MG.

The thing is, if he does the above trade MG will get criticized for not getting an impact player in return. He will need some free agent signings to off-set this. I think the signing of Doan would solidify our 2nd line.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Malhotra-Pinz

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Ok so the newest rumor is that Florida either wants elder or hansen +Luongo+ Schroeder in the Luongo trade. I say if Florida wants Edler a start young defensemen then MG should demand that Huberdeau be in the trade rather than Bjustad because if we give up an allstar we should get one in return.

What do you guys think? give up Edler or not? and if we do should MG demand Huberdeau or stick with Bjustad and just try to get other aspects of the trade upgraded?

cause as it stands right now Florida wants

Luongo,Schroeder,Edler/Hansen For Bjustad,Matthias

DO IT MG.

Trading Edler makes zero sense. We're trying to win now; trading him means we have almost no chance at doing that.

Hansen, on the other hand, is someone I'd move. I love the guy and think he's a great 3rd liner, but if he's the piece that turns a mediocre return into a good one I'd do it. Kassian/Jensen/Raymond/Sweatt are all guys who could compete for the 3rd line spot. I'd be sad to see him go, but he's not untouchable.

Luongo/Hansen/Schroeder for Bjugstad/Goc/2nd? Would give us more room for Doan as well.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Goc-Kassian

Raymond-Malhotra-Lapierre

Pretty set up front.

The only way I see Hansen leaving is if Kassian can step and take his role. I am not sure he will be able to do that this year but training camp will tell us. IF Doan is signed:

To FLA:

Roberto Luongo

Jordan Schroeder

Jannik Hansen

To VAN:

Nick Bjugstad

Jose Theodore

Shawn Matthias

2nd Round Pick 2013

I would do the trade if I was Florida and Vancouver. I think it is fair.

Vancouver get's what they want in Nick Bjugstad, a great prospect that we really need. Jose Theodore is a great backup and can be a potential starter and give Schneider another year to ease into the starting role. Matthias is a great bottom 6 player that will likely somewhat soften the blow of losing Hansen.

Florida get's their true number 1 goalie, a feisty winger that will fit in great with the make up of their team and a prospect to somewhat cover the blow of losing just one of their awesome prospects.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Higgins - Lappy - Matthias

Weise - Malhotra - Kassian

Raymond

Schneider

Theodore

Get uurr duuun.

Archived