Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 5 votes

Tanev's Attitude

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#1 Bur14Kes17

Bur14Kes17

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Is anyone else bothered by Tanev's seemingly all cavalier attitude?!?

I've been really pumped on this guys on ice composure and his decision making and with the right amount of work and dedication, i can see him becoming a combination of Hamhuis or Salo. In all his interviews though hes just come across like he's just on cruise control. He doesn't sound like he watches his diet when he needs to seriously put on some weight and while we've got prospects like Zack Kassian whos been training like a beast this off season with Nike and Jordan Schroeder who trains with Zach Parise, Tanev seems to be really just flying solo in the off season. One of our vet d man has got to seriously talk to this kid about his commitment and how your work in the off season directly corresponds to your success during the season.

#2 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

he's working with gary roberts, what more do you want from him?

Edited by avelanch, 02 August 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#3 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

^
|

This

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#4 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,871 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

He's a bit like Edler - always sounds like he'd rather be sleeping and it'd take a lot to get him hyped up about something.

That's a good quality to have as a Dman - always calm under pressure.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#5 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Tanev's just a boss. The guy plays like a vet in his first game,doesn't make bad mistakes and is working with Gary Robertd. Watch out for this kid this season.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#6 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

I'm...

What?

#7 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hes a quiet guy. I really like his composure

#8 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

One of our vet d man has got to seriously talk to this kid about his commitment and how your work in the off season directly corresponds to your success during the season.

True that op, +1. Though it's not a bad quality he has, it's what makes him calm cool and collected, but by the looks of it, seems like he has to train harder though I'm sure he has.

Edited by The Sedin's 6th Sense, 02 August 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#9 Bur14Kes17

Bur14Kes17

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

he's working with gary roberts, what more do you want from him?

I couldn't find anything on him working out with Roberts??? If this is true that makes a huge difference

#10 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Kevin Bieksa seems to like how he handles himself.
Posted Image

#11 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

True that op, +1

But.... it's not true.

The kid has trained with Gary Roberts the last two years straight. And if you think that's easy, it's not. It's a super difficult workout that is all encompassing with diet, exercise, and sleep. If he didn't care or wasn't committed to getting better, he wouldn't be there.

Last year's Roberts camp trainees:
Steven Stamkos, Stephen Weiss, Wojtek Wolski, Jeff Skinner, Steve Downie, James Neal, Cody Hodgson, Chris Tanev, Peter Holland, Spencer Abbott, Cameron Gaunce, John Mitchell, Mike Neal, Brandon Burlon, Ethan Werek, Chris Terry, Matt Beleskey

zuhwS.gif

#12 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I've been really pumped on this guys on ice composure and his decision making and with the right amount of work and dedication, i can see him becoming a combination of Hamhuis or Salo. In all his interviews though hes just come across like he's just on cruise control. He doesn't sound like he watches his diet when he needs to seriously put on some weight and while we've got prospects like Zack Kassian whos been training like a beast this off season with Nike and Jordan Schroeder who trains with Zach Parise, Tanev seems to be really just flying solo in the off season. One of our vet d man has got to seriously talk to this kid about his commitment and how your work in the off season directly corresponds to your success during the season.

It was already mentioned he trains with Gary Roberts, but he was also at the Nike camp earlier this summer.

Posted Image

That's Archibald, Schroeder, Connauton and Tanev standing with the Man U prospects at the camp.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#13 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,395 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hodgson trains with Roberts = Wow, look how dedicated he is.
Tanev trains with Roberts = Wow, look how passive and uncommitted he is.

FWYIerW.png

#14 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

His mother does his laundry and cooks him food!

WHAT A BOSS!

Posted Image

#15 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

His mother does his laundry and cooks him food!

WHAT A BOSS!

He is truly living the dream.
Posted Image

#16 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Okay, let me get this straight.

From watching a series of interviews you've noticed his calm and seemingly uncaring attitude. From that, you somehow conclude:

- He's not watching his diet
- He needs to put on some weight
- He's on cruise control
- Has a lack of committment

All you've done is hear Tanev talk and have managed to draw a handful of farfetched and exaggerated claims. Canucks fans at their finest.

"Oh gee, I saw an interview where the Canucks were talking about all the pranks they were pulling on each other. Are they not taking their job seriously? Why aren't they training and/or practicing instead?"

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan, 02 August 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#17 Hatesmellycoins

Hatesmellycoins

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

It was already mentioned he trains with Gary Roberts, but he was also at the Nike camp earlier this summer.

Posted Image

That's Archibald, Schroeder, Connauton and Tanev standing with the Man U prospects at the camp.

Is it just me or does Archibald look like Byfuglien?? The kid is HUGE... Then again, maybe it's the Jordan Schroeder effect...

#18 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Okay, let me get this straight.

From watching a series of interviews you've noticed his calm and seemingly uncaring attitude. From that, you somehow conclude:

- He's not watching his diet
- He needs to put on some weight
- He's on cruise control
- Has a lack of committment

All you've done is hear Tanev talk and have managed to draw a handful of farfetched and exaggerated claims. Canucks fans at their finest.

"Oh gee, I saw an interview where the Canucks were talking about all the pranks they were pulling on each other. Are they not taking their job seriously? Why aren't they training and/or practicing instead?"

So I guess his ideal player is a boastful prick?!

#19 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Damn, next thing you know he'll be smoking cigarettes while playing.

#20 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Kevin Bieksa seems to like how he handles himself.

No. He’s a lot better than a young Kevin Bieksa. He’s a lot more calm than a young Kevin Bieksa. Kevin Bieksa when being asked if Chris Tanev reminds him of his younger self

He’s so cool and calm he could have played with a cigarette in his mouth. Bieksa on the rookie, Tanev.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#21 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Is it just me or does Archibald look like Byfuglien?? The kid is HUGE... Then again, maybe it's the Jordan Schroeder effect...

Archie is definitely a big guy. He played big last year in the pre-season. I thought he was going to make the team...

#22 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,661 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Based on most NHL player interviews, it would seem that every one of them is on 'cruise control.'

Interviews-Schminterviews. Hardly anything to base an argument or thread on. But thanks.
Posted Image

#23 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

So somehow you were able to INFER all this information by watching him in a few interviews?

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

lol

RIP LB RR PD

#24 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,603 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

It would be nice to see Tanev actually do more than just be very poised and reliable in his own end. I know that sounds kind of stupid but the guy is as soft as wet noodle and he has zero offensive game. Hopefully he has progressed in both aspects over the summer and shows some of that this season.
Posted Image

#25 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

CDC - where nobody is EVER completely satisfied

0au3Jj.gif

#26 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

I like his attitude.

Posted Image

#27 gouda

gouda

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Damn, next thing you know he'll be smoking cigarettes while playing.

Guy Lafluer used too smoke every intermission!

#28 gouda

gouda

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Last pre season he put on good weight and im sure he will add more this time round! I think he could use a lot more confidence and start getting more offensive!

#29 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,448 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I wonder what you would take away from this...

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#30 Burrows91

Burrows91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

I think it was Bieksa (correct me if im wrong) that said he was the quietest guy in the room, that's just who he is some people are louder and more eccentric than others.

As long as he performs well on the ice you shouldn't be picking apart his interviews
2iaadl5.jpg

Credit: -Vintage Canuck-

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.