The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev's Attitude

Bur14Kes17

It would be nice to see Tanev actually do more than just be very poised and reliable in his own end. I know that sounds kind of stupid but the guy is as soft as wet noodle and he has zero offensive game. Hopefully he has progressed in both aspects over the summer and shows some of that this season.

Is anyone else bothered by Tanev's seemingly all cavalier attitude?!?

I've been really pumped on this guys on ice composure and his decision making and with the right amount of work and dedication, i can see him becoming a combination of Hamhuis or Salo. In all his interviews though hes just come across like he's just on cruise control. He doesn't sound like he watches his diet when he needs to seriously put on some weight and while we've got prospects like Zack Kassian whos been training like a beast this off season with Nike and Jordan Schroeder who trains with Zach Parise, Tanev seems to be really just flying solo in the off season. One of our vet d man has got to seriously talk to this kid about his commitment and how your work in the off season directly corresponds to your success during the season.

I think it was Bieksa (correct me if im wrong) that said he was the quietest guy in the room, that's just who he is some people are louder and more eccentric than others.

As long as he performs well on the ice you shouldn't be picking apart his interviews

I think it was Bieksa (correct me if im wrong) that said he was the quietest guy in the room, that's just who he is some people are louder and more eccentric than others.

As long as he performs well on the ice you shouldn't be picking apart his interviews

Is anyone else bothered by Tanev's seemingly all cavalier attitude?!?

I've been really pumped on this guys on ice composure and his decision making and with the right amount of work and dedication, i can see him becoming a combination of Hamhuis or Salo. In all his interviews though hes just come across like he's just on cruise control. He doesn't sound like he watches his diet when he needs to seriously put on some weight and while we've got prospects like Zack Kassian whos been training like a beast this off season with Nike and Jordan Schroeder who trains with Zach Parise, Tanev seems to be really just flying solo in the off season. One of our vet d man has got to seriously talk to this kid about his commitment and how your work in the off season directly corresponds to your success during the season.

I like Tanev's composure and his calming attitude, it's alot like

Hamhuis' attitude. Both are studs in the back end defensively...

I hope Tanev can evolve his game even more and chip in a few points

here and there. Would be nice, but as long as he sound defensively

its all good.

Archived