The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev's Attitude

Bur14Kes17

Is anyone else bothered by Tanev's seemingly all cavalier attitude?!?

I've been really pumped on this guys on ice composure and his decision making and with the right amount of work and dedication, i can see him becoming a combination of Hamhuis or Salo. In all his interviews though hes just come across like he's just on cruise control. He doesn't sound like he watches his diet when he needs to seriously put on some weight and while we've got prospects like Zack Kassian whos been training like a beast this off season with Nike and Jordan Schroeder who trains with Zach Parise, Tanev seems to be really just flying solo in the off season. One of our vet d man has got to seriously talk to this kid about his commitment and how your work in the off season directly corresponds to your success during the season.

I've been really pumped on this guys on ice composure and his decision making and with the right amount of work and dedication, i can see him becoming a combination of Hamhuis or Salo. In all his interviews though hes just come across like he's just on cruise control. He doesn't sound like he watches his diet when he needs to seriously put on some weight and while we've got prospects like Zack Kassian whos been training like a beast this off season with Nike and Jordan Schroeder who trains with Zach Parise, Tanev seems to be really just flying solo in the off season. One of our vet d man has got to seriously talk to this kid about his commitment and how your work in the off season directly corresponds to your success during the season.

Okay, let me get this straight.

From watching a series of interviews you've noticed his calm and seemingly uncaring attitude. From that, you somehow conclude:

- He's not watching his diet

- He needs to put on some weight

- He's on cruise control

- Has a lack of committment

All you've done is hear Tanev talk and have managed to draw a handful of farfetched and exaggerated claims. Canucks fans at their finest.

"Oh gee, I saw an interview where the Canucks were talking about all the pranks they were pulling on each other. Are they not taking their job seriously? Why aren't they training and/or practicing instead?"

Okay, let me get this straight.

From watching a series of interviews you've noticed his calm and seemingly uncaring attitude. From that, you somehow conclude:

- He's not watching his diet

- He needs to put on some weight

- He's on cruise control

- Has a lack of committment

All you've done is hear Tanev talk and have managed to draw a handful of farfetched and exaggerated claims. Canucks fans at their finest.

"Oh gee, I saw an interview where the Canucks were talking about all the pranks they were pulling on each other. Are they not taking their job seriously? Why aren't they training and/or practicing instead?"

Archived