The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Remember This? 2002-2003

Herberts Vasiljevs

Alright it's time to talk some old school hockey folks. I remember this intro before the Canucks played the Wild in Game 7. It's such a shame we didn't win, what an exciting year it was. Anyways, wanted to share this with you all. Sooooo bone chilling, being a Canucks fan is a very special thing.

Enjoy!

Gah... that year again (thanks for bringing it up... <_<)

If I recall correctly... Bert's temper cost the team the series; sure, lesson learned it's important to have some size to be able to defend yourself in the playoffs but hopefully the more physically intimidating guys (I'm looking at you Kassian, Bieksa, Kesler and Lapierre) can control themselves and just assert yourself, not getting outmuscled but also not allowing their tempers to cost them the win. With such a skilled core the team doesn't need to stoop down to the Bruins' level of diving for penalties and cheap hits when they should be able to drive to the net and simply outplay their opponents. Hope it's a lesson learned from all those faltering years. GO :canucks: !

It wasn't Manny Fernandez, he was the goat, Canucks go up 3-1 with Manny in net, then Lemaire decides to try out Roloson, low and behold he goes and steals them the series. It wasn't Fernandez, it was Rolly.

Archived