The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Canucks Sign Alexandre Mallet

UFCanuck

burrows was undrafted and had to work his way up, mallet for some reason went in the 2nd round. he's not burrows

Well, there are some similarities in their style of play plus unheralded offensive ability, but they certainly aren't a perfect comparison.

Everyone here is going to love Mallet. I think he'll surprise a lot of people in training camp and might just find himself on the team as a grinder. Very tough guy, with skill. You're gonna love him. Very physical developed at this point, so would not be surprise if he lands a roster spot.

what about gaunce? Im getting a little bit worried that gaunce dosent like the canucks...

i don't know if thats how he is but he dosent show much of his happy side during interviews... :sadno:

good signing though! :towel:

Nah he's just the serious toews type.. He's got a ways to go before he cracks the NHL. Mallett has the tenacity and skill to maybe get a call up if he plays well in Chicago. One of those question marks that may totally suck and head to the echl or impress us all and steal a 4th line spot.

That would be awesome if Mallett pulled an Andrew shaw

If only he put up those numbers on his actual draft year...

If he did, the Canucks wouldn't have been able to draft him. Last year, he was playing in a different role.

He's also one of the most feared fighters down in the Q for that reason.

If only he put up those numbers on his actual draft year...

instead of the 5-15 points he had every year before that? thats why he's not going to be an nhl'er. overage guys dominate 16-17 year olds so often in major junior and don't amount to anything, the next example will be mallet

burrows was undrafted and had to work his way up, mallet for some reason went in the 2nd round. he's not burrows

Mallet went undrafted 2 years. Maybe the Canucks having Burrows, saw the same in Mallet and that's why they drafted him so high. If Mallet starts in the ECHL he'll have to work his way up to the NHL like any other player.

Say this happened:

2011: Bob Smith - 50 goals, 80 points (drafted in first round) Alexandre Mallet - 10 goals, 19 points (undrafted)

2012: Bob Smith - 48 goals, 82 points. Alexandre Mallet - 34 goals, 82 points.

It's like they're at the same level, except one of them didn't have astounding stats in his eligible draft year. Being a late bloomer did not make him a bad pick. I'm actually excited to see how he turns out.

There's a rumor from some random tweet guy, (I don't use tweeter or w/e so i cant do whatever u guys do) that Guance may be in the deal that brings Bjudstad over.

it's a possibility, and I wouldn't be opposed to it. Bjugstad is bigger, stronger, and closer to an NHL career than Gaunce is.

there would certainly be more pieces ot the puzzle than lou and gaunce for bjugstad though.

There's a rumor from some random tweet guy, (I don't use tweeter or w/e so i cant do whatever u guys do) that Guance may be in the deal that brings Bjudstad over.

Big,skilled centre for big skilled centre?.........makes no sense. Don't believe the source at all.

Archived