Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Student Texted About Quitting Texting While Driving Off Cliff and Lived

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Is it meeting the man of my dreams, then meeting his beautiful wife?

The ironic thing is that she wrote a whole song about irony, which didn't contain anything that was actually ironic, which makes her song, and I apologize, a little ironic, don't you think?

#32 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

You call out someone else for being politicly incorrect yet you yourself are politicly incorrect in calling him out.

Irony?

the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies theopposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect: “Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony.• a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result: [ with clause ] : the irony is that I thought he could help me.• (also dramatic or tragic irony )a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to thecharacter.

:towel: :canucks:

Where the hell did I say anything about politically correct? Interpret what you want but your post is exactly that as well Retarded. I didn't call you or him retarded or anyone mentally challenged retarded just your lame ass posts. There is also a difference between being PC and being a dumbass and saying someone should have died. Get a life.
Posted Image

#33 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Where the hell did I say anything about politically correct? Interpret what you want but your post is exactly that as well Retarded. I didn't call you or him retarded or anyone mentally challenged retarded just your lame ass posts. There is also a difference between being PC and being a dumbass and saying someone should have died. Get a life.

Saying someone should die is a politicly incorrect statement. You called the guy on it and good on you for doing that.

What I was trying to explain was that you called his statement "retarded" which is also politicly incorrect.

No need for childish name-calling and telling people to get a life, dude. :)

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

#34 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Saying someone should die is a politicly incorrect statement. You called the guy on it and good on you for doing that.

What I was trying to explain was that you called his statement "retarded" which is also politicly incorrect.

No need for childish name-calling and telling people to get a life, dude. :)

Whatever you want to call it is your perogative, please explain how calling a post retarded is anywhere in the same universe as hoping a guy died for the crime of texting while driving? and saying get a life is not name calling but you can go tell your mom I said that if it would make you feel better.

Edited by Hamhuis' Beard, 03 August 2012 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image

#35 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Throwing aroudn the word retarded can get you into a lot of trouble.

I poured some concrete to lay a foundation for my deck, when I went to put the posts in, it had set already. The jerk in the store told me it was retarded, which was wrong to say.

#36 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

Throwing aroudn the word retarded can get you into a lot of trouble.

I poured some concrete to lay a foundation for my deck, when I went to put the posts in, it had set already. The jerk in the store told me it was retarded, which was wrong to say.

Its a word for christ's sake, its in the context in how you use it. Stop being such sensitive cry babies and suck it up. Here is some adivce for you and that other whiner, Words can't hurt you if you don't let them. Now go and live without fear of words and both your lives will be much better for it.
Posted Image

#37 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Its a word for christ's sake, its in the context in how you use it. Stop being such sensitive cry babies and suck it up. Here is some adivce for you and that other whiner, Words can't hurt you if you don't let them. Now go and live without fear of words and both your lives will be much better for it.

Wow!

Words can't hurt you, eh? Your ignorance is embarrassing. :sadno:

#38 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Wow!

Words can't hurt you, eh? Your ignorance is embarrassing. :sadno:

whatever whiner.
Posted Image

#39 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

whatever whiner.

Nice retort.

I'll bet you were / are the schoolyard bully. I love it when the bully meets his match and says, "Whatever" and calls his opponent a name.

:lol: <- This is me, walking away laughing, awaiting the last word.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.