The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Student Texted About Quitting Texting While Driving Off Cliff and Lived

Grapefruits

The texting while walking part is interesting. I think it would be ridiculous to make it illegal, texting while walking is easy as long as you use common sense and actually pay a bit of attention to where you're going instead of wandering aimlessly with your head buried in your phone.

But of course when people don't use common sense, it get does get annoying. For example texting and walking in a crowded area. Whenever I walk down a busy sidewalk or go to the mall and almost run into someone who's texting, it makes me want to pull a Scott Stevens on them and then yell "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP" in a Don Cherry voice while they're lying on the ground.

I actually hate the no using your phone/texting while driving rule. It doesnt stop anyone from not doing it, your either going to do it or not. Except now instead of holding the phone in the air at eye level people hide it in thier laps to text so now they arent even looking at the road.

You call out someone else for being politicly incorrect yet you yourself are politicly incorrect in calling him out.

Irony?

the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies theopposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect: “Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony.• a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result: [ with clause ] : the irony is that I thought he could help me.• (also dramatic or tragic irony )a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to thecharacter.

:towel::canucks:

Where the hell did I say anything about politically correct? Interpret what you want but your post is exactly that as well Retarded. I didn't call you or him retarded or anyone mentally challenged retarded just your lame ass posts. There is also a difference between being PC and being a dumbass and saying someone should have died. Get a life.

Saying someone should die is a politicly incorrect statement. You called the guy on it and good on you for doing that.

What I was trying to explain was that you called his statement "retarded" which is also politicly incorrect.

No need for childish name-calling and telling people to get a life, dude. :)

:towel::canucks:

Throwing aroudn the word retarded can get you into a lot of trouble.

I poured some concrete to lay a foundation for my deck, when I went to put the posts in, it had set already. The jerk in the store told me it was retarded, which was wrong to say.

Throwing aroudn the word retarded can get you into a lot of trouble.

I poured some concrete to lay a foundation for my deck, when I went to put the posts in, it had set already. The jerk in the store told me it was retarded, which was wrong to say.

Its a word for christ's sake, its in the context in how you use it. Stop being such sensitive cry babies and suck it up. Here is some adivce for you and that other whiner, Words can't hurt you if you don't let them. Now go and live without fear of words and both your lives will be much better for it.

Archived