Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

L'Orange

(Speculation) Are the Canucks looking at Evander Kane?

Canucks interested in Evander Kane?   85 votes

1. 1. Why is Evander Kane stalling in signing with the Winnipeg Jets?

• He's hoping for an offer sheet to come his way that will increase his contract price.
    • He wants to be traded to a contender (the Vancouver Canucks) and has told Winnipeg management so.
  2. 2. Secondly, if Evander Kane stated that he wanted to be a Canuck, what should Gillis do?

• Back the Brinks truck up to Kane's house and sign him to a six year, $32 M deal
    • Not sign him due to his lack of dedication to the team that drafted him, knowing he could pull the same Lindrosian antics here

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

62 posts in this topic

The Winnipeg Jets offered Evander Kane $29 M @ 6 years. The offer was tabled over two weeks ago and Kane has not signed yet.

Is this merely Kane pulling a Shea Weber and hoping an offer sheet gets signed that ups his price?

or

Is this Kane saying to the Jets that he doesn't want to play there and hopes that another team, possibly Vancouver makes an insane offer?

Should Vancouver make the offer to Kane if he's interested?

Kane was drafted by Atlanta. Then Atlanta became the Winnipeg Jets. Is the change of address an issue?

Kane is from Vancouver and stated when he was a junior that playing for the Canucks was a dream of his.

Who's to know?

Who's to say?

30 teams would trade their left nut for Evander Kane

Kane is kinda risky.... he is a party boy who is really full of himself and could potentially be a cancer in the room.

but he is damn good though and i would snap at an opportunity to get him!

I hope so!! I would absolutely do Kane & 2nd for Kesler & Shroeder

Kane is hitting his prime, Kesler dealing with injuries and don't think he will ever produce like that breakout year a few years back

I'd love to make an offer, but just like with Weber, Winnipeg will match anything.

I think teams would rather have their left nut. Kane is replaceable, the nut is not.

What's with the Lindros shot in the poll question?

Kane put on the Thrashers jersey at the draft and played for them for several years already.

If Kane had publicly stated that he would not sign with them if they drafted him, then I could see what you are getting at. Kane is a free agent. He is free to sign with whatever team he wants. It's just that Winnipeg has the right to match. I see no connection to what Lindros pulled here.

Lance%20Armstrong-thumb-250x355.jpg

Someone disagrees with you on the importance of a nut

He had a nut replaced?

I dont know if we can afford to have two right nuts on the team

Alright, let's see how many Raymond, Ballard, and a 1st proposals we can get going here! Yay.

What's with the Lindros shot in the poll question?

Kane put on the Thrashers jersey at the draft and played for them for several years already.

If Kane had publicly stated that he would not sign with them if they drafted him, then I could see what you are getting at. Kane is a free agent. He is free to sign with whatever team he wants. It's just that Winnipeg has the right to match. I see no connection to what Lindros pulled here.

That's what I was saying. They aren't replaceable. I think most people would rather have something they can't replace as opposed to something that can be replaced. In this case, I think people would rather keep their nuts over having a young star on their team. But enough of talking about balls.