The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Are the Canucks looking at Evander Kane?

Canucks interested in Evander Kane?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Winnipeg Jets offered Evander Kane $29 M @ 6 years. The offer was tabled over two weeks ago and Kane has not signed yet.

Is this merely Kane pulling a Shea Weber and hoping an offer sheet gets signed that ups his price?

or

Is this Kane saying to the Jets that he doesn't want to play there and hopes that another team, possibly Vancouver makes an insane offer?

Should Vancouver make the offer to Kane if he's interested?

Kane was drafted by Atlanta. Then Atlanta became the Winnipeg Jets. Is the change of address an issue?

Kane is from Vancouver and stated when he was a junior that playing for the Canucks was a dream of his.

Who's to know?

Who's to say?

What's with the Lindros shot in the poll question?

Kane put on the Thrashers jersey at the draft and played for them for several years already.

If Kane had publicly stated that he would not sign with them if they drafted him, then I could see what you are getting at. Kane is a free agent. He is free to sign with whatever team he wants. It's just that Winnipeg has the right to match. I see no connection to what Lindros pulled here.

What's with the Lindros shot in the poll question?

Kane put on the Thrashers jersey at the draft and played for them for several years already.

If Kane had publicly stated that he would not sign with them if they drafted him, then I could see what you are getting at. Kane is a free agent. He is free to sign with whatever team he wants. It's just that Winnipeg has the right to match. I see no connection to what Lindros pulled here.

That's what I was saying. They aren't replaceable. I think most people would rather have something they can't replace as opposed to something that can be replaced. In this case, I think people would rather keep their nuts over having a young star on their team. But enough of talking about balls.

Archived