Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hudson bay rules

loud tv commercials

16 posts in this topic

Just got back from an extended holiday and have noticed that my Rogers Cable seems to be implementing the CRTC's rules regarding overly loud commercials. I also noticed that the overall volume on programs needs to be turned up just a bit as well. Anyone else notice this?

No. But I'll be listening for it now that you mentioned it.

I do notice though, that some channels have different volume than others, so I have to adjust it if I am changing the channel. The other one, which seems weird, is that shows I have recorded on my PVR are quieter than if they are playing live.

Still can't hear them from the washroom so I am unaffected by this

Still can't hear them from the washroom so I am unaffected by this

Someone on CDC is pooping while posting?

Great. Now I have to take a shower.

From what I heard somewhere they are suppose to come out with a law or something that every channel will be the same volume, commercials and the shows...not sure if thats true.

I swear they just made it illegal a while ago to allow commercials to have a higher volume than normal.

Its a huge piss off, I still notice it.

You go on CDC while you're in the washroom?

Ewww....

Someone on CDC is pooping while posting?

Great. Now I have to take a shower.

From what I heard somewhere they are suppose to come out with a law or something that every channel will be the same volume, commercials and the shows...not sure if thats true.

My receiver luckily has an auto volume leveling option in it, so I'm good to go. My old one didn't. It was super noticeable when watching Canucks games in 5.1.

I don't understand why advertisers would want their commercials to be unbearably loud, my first reaction is to mute it as soon as it comes on. Or it would be, if I didn't PVR everything and just skip all the commercials.

I don't understand why advertisers would want their commercials to be unbearably loud, my first reaction is to mute it as soon as it comes on. Or it would be, if I didn't PVR everything and just skip all the commercials.