Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pasific Coluseum

Have The Vancouver Canucks Ever Developed a Legit Superstar?

139 posts in this topic

With the whole Hodgson fiasco behind us and Jordan Schroeder looking to be a bust if he doesn't make the team this year I'm really worried about our cupboard being empty.

While Kassian may turn out to be a quality player I still have my reservations on him. If he does live up to his potential I see him being like Keith Primeau type not Eric Lindross.

The only player that we have truly developed into a mega superstar is Pavel Bure.

Schneider has the potential but only time will tell.

The point I'm trying to get at is that our organization has drafted abysmally. Look at Philadelphia, now they have future SUPERSTARS IN THE MAKING.

And by superstar I mean top 5 player in the league i.e CROSBY, MALKIN, WEBBER, GIROUX, OVECHKIN

The Sedins are very good players but they are not SUPERSTARs. The only reason they are so great is because they feed off each and have chemistry. We saw Henrick wasn't as good when Daniel was injured.

Schroeder hasn't been given an opportunity to prove himself yet. He's still young, just wait.

EDIT: not saying hes gonna be a superstar, but it's too early to call him a bust

Sedin, Henrik

Sedin, Daniel

Bure, Pavel

Schroeder hasn't been given an opportunity to prove himself yet. He's still young, just wait.

Jordan Schroeder looking to be a bust if he doesn't make the team this year I'm really worried about our cupboard being empty.

I bet crosby isnt quite as good when his other allstar linemate is out of the lineup either. And every line needs chemistry, just because the sedins have better chemistry does not exclude them from being superstars.

Most players that get drafted you can tell will be superstars right away, its not often you go many years with a below average player and they just suddenly become superstars and you dont create a superstar they are mostly all superstars before they even hit the NHL very few become a superstar randomly.

Not sure how we developed Bure into a superstar, considering he spent no time in any minor league affiliate, he was just damn good when he joined the club.

And ovechkin is 1 dimensional. League has him figured out. If he doesnt grow and mature he is past his peak already.

:picard:

Are the Sedins not legit superstars???

Your words make logic throw up. Henrik Sedin. Daniel Sedin. Markus Naslund. Many more, but im only listing top five in the league.