The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have The Vancouver Canucks Ever Developed a Legit Superstar?

Pasific Coluseum

With the whole Hodgson fiasco behind us and Jordan Schroeder looking to be a bust if he doesn't make the team this year I'm really worried about our cupboard being empty.

While Kassian may turn out to be a quality player I still have my reservations on him. If he does live up to his potential I see him being like Keith Primeau type not Eric Lindross.

The only player that we have truly developed into a mega superstar is Pavel Bure.

Schneider has the potential but only time will tell.

The point I'm trying to get at is that our organization has drafted abysmally. Look at Philadelphia, now they have future SUPERSTARS IN THE MAKING.

And by superstar I mean top 5 player in the league i.e CROSBY, MALKIN, WEBBER, GIROUX, OVECHKIN

The Sedins are very good players but they are not SUPERSTARs. The only reason they are so great is because they feed off each and have chemistry. We saw Henrick wasn't as good when Daniel was injured.

With the whole Hodgson fiasco behind us and Jordan Schroeder looking to be a bust if he doesn't make the team this year I'm really worried about our cupboard being empty.

While Kassian may turn out to be a quality player I still have my reservations on him. If he does live up to his potential I see him being like Keith Primeau type not Eric Lindross.

The only player that we have truly developed into a mega superstar is Pavel Bure.

The point I'm trying to get at is that our organization has drafted abysmally. Look at Philadelphia, now they have future SUPERSTARS IN THE MAKING.

And by superstar I mean top 5 player in the league i.e CROSBY, MALKIN, WEBBER, GIROUX, OVECHKIN

The Sedins are very good players but they are not SUPERSTARs. The only reason they are so great is because they feed off each and have chemistry. We saw Henrick wasn't as good when Daniel was injured.

Good question actually. We di have the Sedins right now. In the future, I could definetely see Kassian, Jensen, Schroeder, Tanev and Gaunce becoming good players. But as you said, not superstars. It's because the Canucks have never sucked so bad to get that high draft pick. We have endless depth, and that's what makes the Canucks so good. When we win, it's with everyone chipping in, not just one or two players.

The Sedins are super stars.Somebody tell Gillis before this year's playoffs starts.I mean,does anybody have Sami's balls to tell Gillis that these guys deserve some protection?

Those that suggest Bure was developed by the Nucks does not remember or know that he stepped on to this hockey stage larger than life and more than ready for prime time.

Bure taught those around him what it means to 'develop'.

Come on.What a joke.Pavel the rookie was in ten times better shape than arguably any veteran Canuck.

Valdmir Bure,his father,was a Soviet Union swimming hero that won 14 Olympic medals.He was also Bure's manager and more importantly,a cosulting trainer in Vancouver and was a Vancouver Canucks paid trainer.

Later,he went to the New Jersey Devils and was a trainer there.He won two cups with them and has his name etched on the 2003 Stanley Cup.

Competing in three Olympic games and hailed as the Soviet Union's swimming champion-17 times.

Nobody could touch Bure fitness.Read up on what Cliff Ronning said the first time he saw Pavel.

With the exception of the Sedins the Canucks organisation have blown their chances to articulate and develop high end talent.

Neely and Grabner come immediately to mind,there must be others.

The Sedins are where it is at.Somebody tell Gillis before it is too late and they suffer more injuries that finally take them out of their distinct class of 'elite player category'.

This is one of the stupidest posts ive ever seen. You say our prospects cant be superstars because you they may not have the potential and then you call philidelphias rookis already superstars even though they have not proved themselves as much as even jannik hansen. How can you possibly not call the Sedins superstars..... They have won art ross winners and produce more then everyone post lockout, they consistently have been in the top 10 of everything since they've entered their prime.

GAHHHHHH

Archived