The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have The Vancouver Canucks Ever Developed a Legit Superstar?

Pasific Coluseum

With the whole Hodgson fiasco behind us and Jordan Schroeder looking to be a bust if he doesn't make the team this year I'm really worried about our cupboard being empty.

While Kassian may turn out to be a quality player I still have my reservations on him. If he does live up to his potential I see him being like Keith Primeau type not Eric Lindross.

The only player that we have truly developed into a mega superstar is Pavel Bure.

Schneider has the potential but only time will tell.

The point I'm trying to get at is that our organization has drafted abysmally. Look at Philadelphia, now they have future SUPERSTARS IN THE MAKING.

And by superstar I mean top 5 player in the league i.e CROSBY, MALKIN, WEBBER, GIROUX, OVECHKIN

The Sedins are very good players but they are not SUPERSTARs. The only reason they are so great is because they feed off each and have chemistry. We saw Henrick wasn't as good when Daniel was injured.

"And yes Bure counts. It doesn't matter how much talent he had coming into here, we still succeeded in making him a success."

Tragoedia

CKSA Moscow and Vlad Bure send their regards.

Months prior to Pavel playing as a Canuck in 1991 he was still playing for the Russian National Team.

In January of 1991 Pavel led all scoring at the 1991 World Junior Hockey Championship in Saskatchewan.

On November 3,1991 Pavel participated in his first ever practise with the Canucks.

He played his first NHL game two days later.

The Canucks organisation can take 'credit' for developing Pavel for 1.5 days.

Ya you're totally right, Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin coming in and ripping up the league right away had everything to do with their teams 'developing' them and nothing to do with the fact that they are rare and unique players... tsk tsk

Hmmm. Okay, so we may not have developed a Gretzky. But we have/had Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Markus Naslund, Bure, and others too! There will be others in the future.

This team may be missing a power forward or two to land a Stanley Cup. And, the grass may look greener on the other side of the fence. But, that's no excuse to downplay the superstars we have/had on this team. They ARE 100% legit!

With the whole Hodgson fiasco behind us and Jordan Schroeder looking to be a bust if he doesn't make the team this year I'm really worried about our cupboard being empty.

While Kassian may turn out to be a quality player I still have my reservations on him. If he does live up to his potential I see him being like Keith Primeau type not Eric Lindross.

The only player that we have truly developed into a mega superstar is Pavel Bure.

Schneider has the potential but only time will tell.

The point I'm trying to get at is that our organization has drafted abysmally. Look at Philadelphia, now they have future SUPERSTARS IN THE MAKING.

And by superstar I mean top 5 player in the league i.e CROSBY, MALKIN, WEBBER, GIROUX, OVECHKIN

The Sedins are very good players but they are not SUPERSTARs. The only reason they are so great is because they feed off each and have chemistry. We saw Henrick wasn't as good when Daniel was injured.

"The only reason (the Sedins) are so great is because they feed off each and have chemistry"

So it's OK to be great if you just happen to be freakishly fast, but if you're great for the reasons you attribute to the Sedins it is somehow a lesser greatness? Someone told me today nearly every post of mine implies that the original poster is an idiot. Well...when they are, they are.

Didnt Henrik have a career year the year Daniel was injured??? LOL

You must be watching some different league.

Ovi was a 1-hit-wonder.

Every goalie in the league knows he just cuts across and wrists it as hard as he can top shelf.

WEBER clearly isnt good enough for you to learn to spell his name correctly either.

Archived