The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laurence Gilman on CKNW

CanuckRow

Just because we are fans of the Canucks and especially Kesler does not mean we have to love his diving and shut up.

Come on.It is embarrassing to watch a grown man act like a child.

If Kesler was hurt so bad he should not have been playing.Playing hurt hurts the team and risks further,serious injury.

Just about every player in the league has taken a dive or tried to call a penalty or two so the diving doesn't annoy me about Kesler.

What really pisses me off is his arrogant attitude, which causes him to try and play in meaningless regular season games when he's clearly not 100%, injure himself again and then play hobbled down the stretch and score 1 goal in 20 of the more important games.

That Predators series and the Selke got to his head and now he thinks he's superman. Reality check Kesler: You're not and you're costing the team by trying to carry the Canucks on your shoulders.

Just about every player in the league has taken a dive or tried to call a penalty or two so the diving doesn't annoy me about Kesler.

What really pisses me off is his arrogant attitude, which causes him to try and play in meaningless regular season games when he's clearly not 100%, injure himself again and then play hobbled down the stretch and score 1 goal in 20 of the more important games.

That Predators series and the Selke got to his head and now he thinks he's superman. Reality check Kesler: You're not and you're costing the team by trying to carry the Canucks on your shoulders.

- In no rush to do anything (per usual)

- Doan appeared to care more about winning a cup, rather than money "That's all he cares about, he made that clear."

- Then Aquilini stressed to him that's all he cares about too

- The dinner was Shane, his wife, Gillis, Gilman and Aquilini

- 30mill at 4 years would be a deal breaker for Canucks

- Gillis is in discussion with several teams on Lu, we won't be rushed.

Burrows is a wingman to the sedins. Kesler is supposed to be THE go to guy running that second line, being an assistant captain, leading through example.

The weight on Keslers shoulders is 100x more than it should be on burrows.

THAT is why it's not as big of a deal if burrows goofs around.

Totally agree.

Perhaps nothing that Gillis says on the radio infuriates me moreso than when he cites "playing with injury" as the reason why the Canucks lost to Boston. Such crap. If they were not able to play, they would not have played, much like Daniel Sedin did not play in games 1, 2, & 3 versus the Kings. These guys may not have been 100%, but to claim that Boston was 100% is just pure lunacy. It was a war to get there, for both teams. Vancouver lost because they were not as good as Boston, not because they were "injured".

Archived