The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Messier Awarded 6 Million From Grievance Case

Alex the Great

I can't stand that bald bastard.

But if they put that in writing, then a contract's a contract. Not like this cash cow of a franchise can't afford it.

What really bugs me is how team management at the time completely bent over to sign this old fart to millions, while at the same time nickel-and-diming Pavel Bure until he refused to even play for us. Sooooo ridiculous.

I can't stand that bald bastard.

But if they put that in writing, then a contract's a contract. Not like this cash cow of a franchise can't afford it.

What really bugs me is how team management at the time completely bent over to sign this old fart to millions, while at the same time nickel-and-diming Pavel Bure until he refused to even play for us. Sooooo ridiculous.

Same old CDC. I can't believe this crap.............like kids in the playground wanting to get even for stuff that just happens.

For a start I bet most of you and nearly all of the fan base were wetting themselves at the thought of the guy starting in Vancouver........typical.

Suddenly now a guy who was a stellar performer in New York becomes "What really bugs me is how team management at the time completely bent over to sign this old fart to millions"

Are you listening to yourselves?

He was too good for the Cannucks at the time..............plain and simple. It makes me wonder if your pants have even dried out enough yet to cope with getting Doan..............who also has all the credentials to be a "sign this old fart to millions" Doan the guy that MG is being pilloried for just now because he isn't chucking the farm at.

Hindsight is wonderful..............and it lives and breathes in it's essence on CDC.

Last 6 seasons prior to joining the Canucks.

1991-92.......107 pts in 79 games +31

1992-93.........91 pts in 75 games -6

1993-94.........84 pts in 76 games +25

1994-95.........53 pts in 46 games +8

1995-96.........99 pts in 74 games +29

1996-97.........84 pts in 71 games +12

Obviously we should never have signed the old fart.................

Same old CDC. I can't believe this crap.............like kids in the playground wanting to get even for stuff that just happens.

For a start I bet most of you and nearly all of the fan base were wetting themselves at the thought of the guy starting in Vancouver........typical.

Suddenly now a guy who was a stellar performer in New York becomes "What really bugs me is how team management at the time completely bent over to sign this old fart to millions"

Are you listening to yourselves?

He was too good for the Cannucks at the time..............plain and simple. It makes me wonder if your pants have even dried out enough yet to cope with getting Doan..............who also has all the credentials to be a "sign this old fart to millions" Doan the guy that MG is being pilloried for just now because he isn't chucking the farm at.

Hindsight is wonderful..............and it lives and breathes in it's essence on CDC.

Last 6 seasons prior to joining the Canucks.

1991-92.......107 pts in 79 games +31

1992-93.........91 pts in 75 games -6

1993-94.........84 pts in 76 games +25

1994-95.........53 pts in 46 games +8

1995-96.........99 pts in 74 games +29

1996-97.........84 pts in 71 games +12

Obviously we should never have signed the old fart.................

I have a grievance with Messier for being a complete tool and screwing our team. Can we file a grievance against him? Some consider Messier one of the greatest leaders in hockey, I highly doubt that. The only good thing that came out of cry baby Messier's tender here was he left (quit) our team after 3 years and we didn't hve to deal with him for 5 years.

Once a quitter, always a quitter Messier

Hey whatever. Money owed is money owed. Just goes to show you how cheap McCaw was over the years. FA had to come in and bail him out. And it won't surprise me if he also has to shell out some cash for the Bertuzzi incident. (Frack, could we wrap THAT up already?)

I don't like how he 'came in here and ruined things' either, but Messier is a hall-of-famer and one of the most respected men in the game. Patching up how he ended his term here can only serve to help our cause. It's good to see that we are no longer bush.

Archived