The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rakhi 2012

nux4lyfe

Holy crap. I only lost $100. Looks like I got off easy. Only 1 sister but me and my wife's sister are tight so she ties one on me too.

What's the point of giving your sisters money on a particular day? Why not just give it to her if she ever needs it or asks you?

And this:

...seems kinda patronizing, no? A women is weak and needs a man to protect her from all the 'evils' out there? Kinda backwards, isn't it?

I applaud the sentiment though...and think the bonds between siblings should remain strong if possible. Hopefully the annual cash settlement isn't just a symbolic gesture after a year's worth of neglect, disinterest and attempt at controlling one's sisters.

Holy crap. I only lost $100. Looks like I got off easy. Only 1 sister but me and my wife's sister are tight so she ties one on me too.

It's called tradition. Lot's of traditions are a little dated. Santa Claus? Really. Guy's been dead for years. It's old school and in the past they'd receive thoughtful gifts. Men are lazy so they just give money now.

Archived