Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoaltenderInterference

Footage of 2011 Riot in "Battleship"?

Did they use footage from the 2011 riot in the movie Battleship? I was watching it earlier, and caught a glimpse of what I thought was a Canucks jersey.

This is about an hour into the movie (don't click, it's just a screenshot):

2zgi1dj.png

IMDB says otherwise

The clips showing 'the world at riot, coming to an Apocalypse' are actual news clips captured during the riots in the United Kingdom in 2011.

Did they use footage from the 2011 riot in the movie Battleship? I was watching it earlier, and caught a glimpse of what I thought was a Canucks jersey.

This is about an hour into the movie (don't click, it's just a screenshot):

2zgi1dj.png

That looks just like the BMO on Georgia street closest to the stadium (Georgia and Richards?).

I live nearby so I recognize it. It really DOES look like the same BMO that got trashed during the riots here. Hmmm

as long as they paid for the footage or asked the owner it's fine. they probably would need to list credit of it.

Guest Gumballthechewy

In the pic GoaltenderInterference posted that is a Canucks jersey the girl is wearing, no if's and's or but's about it.

I honestly didnt mind it.. some parts yea.. kinda crap.. but I've always loved realistic(or close to) kind of military movies.. Cant stand when someone runs out with a machine gun of some sorts held at arms length