The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sports/Games that should be in the Olympics

Teen Icarus

What sport should be added first?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How the hell Rugby isn't, and stupid garbage like power walking and dressage are, boggles my mind.

Lacrosse would be great, but I don't know how popular it is worldwide. Would definitely be a sure medal for CAN/USA/AUS lol.

Yup, I'll add my name to the list in favour of Rugby. As a long time Rugby player, I can't believe it still isn't in. It would be competitive, the seasons are over in Europe, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand, so the top players could attend, and there is a pretty big following internationally. Also, as others have pointed out, there are some really strange events in the Summer Olympics.

I think they have Rugby sevens as either a demonstration sport in these Olympics, or in the Rio Olympics. I could be wrong about that, but, I thought I heard that somewhere.

I know I'm likely in the minority here, but, I'd like to see other martial arts in the summer as well. It seems pretty arbitrary that Judo, Tae Kwon Do, Wrestling, and Boxing are in while other disciplines are unrepresented . How about a Jiu-jitsu competition, or kickboxing, or karate? Or wipe them all out and have a MMA tourney?

For winter, there don't seem to be too many unrepresented. I would, however, love it if ice dance was taken out.

*edit* I just read Elvis15's post about 7's being in for Rio...sweet! I thought I heard that somewhere!

Sepektraw/Foot Volleyball. Thats some crazy... Also, does anybody else feel that half these 'sports' were just made up by kids? Just take an activity and add a bunch of stupid nit-picky rules to it and call it a competition.

So happy to finally see freestyle skiing. Gonna be sick to see Tom Wallisch and the gang do some flips.

To add some new sports in the summer it will be required to remove some, there are already sooo many.

Yup, I'll add my name to the list in favour of Rugby. As a long time Rugby player, I can't believe it still isn't in. It would be competitive, the seasons are over in Europe, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand, so the top players could attend, and there is a pretty big following internationally. Also, as others have pointed out, there are some really strange events in the Summer Olympics.

I think they have Rugby sevens as either a demonstration sport in these Olympics, or in the Rio Olympics. I could be wrong about that, but, I thought I heard that somewhere.

I know I'm likely in the minority here, but, I'd like to see other martial arts in the summer as well. It seems pretty arbitrary that Judo, Tae Kwon Do, Wrestling, and Boxing are in while other disciplines are unrepresented . How about a Jiu-jitsu competition, or kickboxing, or karate? Or wipe them all out and have a MMA tourney?

For winter, there don't seem to be too many unrepresented. I would, however, love it if ice dance was taken out.

*edit* I just read Elvis15's post about 7's being in for Rio...sweet! I thought I heard that somewhere!

Archived