Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharpshooter

Christy Clark's Religion Comments Spark Criticism From B.C. Atheists

369 posts in this topic

Christy's bedtime prayer "Oh lord Xenu give me power to get this pipeline approved"

Meh, I'm an atheist, and it doesn't really bother me... everyone's entitled to their own beliefs. I vote for people based on their policies, not their personal lives and what they do on their own time. It's not like she's saying everyone should convert to Christianity or anything like that. She's not forcing them on others, she's appearing on a Christian program talking about her beliefs and I highly doubt anybody other than devout Christians listen to that sort of thing so who cares?

(also, I wasn't planning on voting Liberal anyways)

...except she's not using the Bible to create policy, nor does she have jurisdiction over controversial issues like abortion or same-sex marriage - those are all at the federal level.

She might be Anglican, but her cabinet isn't.

Invoking the Bible for votes??

:picard:

Give your soul to God Christy, because your $3,267-Oyster-eating-on-the-public-dime's ass belongs to the BC voters shortly.

Let me guess, the Endbridge Pipeline was ordained from God eh Christy? Moron....or is it Mormon? Hard to tell which label of stupidity to categorize her in.

Meh, I'm an atheist, and it doesn't really bother me... everyone's entitled to their own beliefs. I vote for people based on their policies, not their personal lives and what they do on their own time. It's not like she's saying everyone should convert to Christianity or anything like that. She's not forcing them on others, she's appearing on a Christian program talking about her beliefs and I highly doubt anybody other than devout Christians listen to that sort of thing so who cares?

I was at my cousin's new restaurant the other day with a table of 20 and the oysters only came to $140. Make me premier, I'll balance the budget on food alone!

...except she's not using the Bible to create policy, nor does she have jurisdiction over controversial issues like abortion or same-sex marriage - those are all at the federal level.

She might be Anglican, but her cabinet isn't.

I don't see why people have to bring this up in interviews. You are religious? Good for you. I don't walk around the office telling people that the trade I made was because being Agnostic or Atheist or Catholic really helped me. Whether it did or not is not the point. Other's don't need to know because then you are imposing something, even if not intentionally.

Same argument as the gay pride thing. Good for you, but no one walks around shouting from the rooftops how gloriously straight they are so.... how about everyone just tones down their personal business. We are in an age of no filter.

And Sharpshooter, for whatever reason...

How do you know she isn't making policy or gov't decisions based on her faith?

I'm worried about anyone making policy based on their faith or any personal morals I find reprehensible.

However, the odds of that not happening.. nothing in the realm of realistic.

As long as she isn't overtly making policy decisions that infringe on others' freedoms to be free from religion I don't see a reason to make a big deal out of it.

Sounds like the status quo to me..

You'd be ok with decisions she made non-overtly then based on her religious beliefs? It seems she's overtly suggesting she would.

I would like to hear about what "tough" decisions she has had to make using this method. Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me. If she can't come to a decision using available information and sound reasoning then maybe she should let someone else do it. I'd prefer that she seek help from someone capable of the task rather than seeking help from an invisible sky man in her head.

What are the odds you as a policy maker would make policies I find personally reprehensible?

Or vice versa?

Overtly or otherwise..

Policies made from non-belief in a sky-daddy? I don't know, you tell me.