The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christy Clark's Religion Comments Spark Criticism From B.C. Atheists

Sharpshooter

So what is your explanation? That within the centuries of Pharisaical law, one of the highest priest and scholars decided to make his own religion? That he actually came up with his own theology and withstood persecution for the sake of making a religion, who doesn't even worship HIM but worships someone else?

Seriously, what's your explanation.

This is just one of the many reasons why I believe Jesus exist.

I believe Muhammed exists, I don't say to Muslims, your prophet never existed. Now in terms of content and truth, that is another topic.

You choose to reject the existence of Jesus, and I use martyrs as a source of valid proof of Jesus existence. Do not play a rhetorical trick and make this an argument for something it isn't.

You have absolutely NO idea when the bible was written, you just speculate, like everybody else who has taken up the yoke as a religious apologist. And furthermore, as I mentioned in the last post you only took bits and pieces from...the only reason "Jesus" worship is even still around is because it survived, among a huge pack of similar religions, with similar tenets, around the fourth century. So congratulations...your belief isn't still around because it is "steadfast and truthful"...it's still around because it outlived all the other crapola from around its same time

I don't believe in Zeus, but it's undeniable that those who preached and taught about Zeus were real.

Do you get my point? It's only ignorant Atheists who deny the existence of Jesus. Many of the informed Atheists recognized that he DID exist due to all the logical implications we have today.

To believe Jesus as the supernatural is another story.

What the heck? The bible is a collection of SEVERAL works. Nice try bub, trying to make me tell you one specific date when the whole collection was written.

The book of Daniel, has time stamped "the third year of Cyrus King of Persia," which is relatively 537BCE.

I don't understand you.

Book of Daniel, written way before Alexander the Great, predicts a man to conquer from west to east.

This man will be cut off early.

His empire will turn into 4.

These 4 turns into 2.

And the 2 turn into 1.

Alexander was killed in his 20's.. his empire given to his 4 generals.. the 4 turn into the two kingdoms the seleucids and ptolemny, and then they turn into the Roman empire.

I don't understand you.

Book of Daniel, written way before Alexander the Great, predicts a man to conquer from west to east.

These 4 turns into 2.

And the 2 turn into 1.

Alexander was killed in his 20's.. his empire given to his 4 generals.. the 4 turn into the two kingdoms the seleucids and ptolemny, and then they turn into the Roman empire.

And this "prediction"....proves absolutely nothing. Everything in those "prophecies" is so vague that you could realistically take anyone in any time period, match up the statistics and say..."Oh look, the bible prophesied that!" Complete hogwash.

What does that have to do with whether or not Jesus was real? Or why God waited 500 years after his own death/his son's death to write the book of Daniel through Daniel?

Oh and why don't you believe in Zeus again? People died for him too.....just saying.

Okay this is getting out of hand.

We jump from topic to topic and there is no conclusive thought or idea for us to move onto anything.

Back track the posts if you wish. I refuse to continue mindless drubble with folk that take the word illogical and spew it at the end of every sentence as the basis for their own academic assertion.

We jump from topic to topic and there is no conclusive thought or idea for us to move onto anything.

Back track the posts if you wish. I refuse to continue mindless drubble with folk that take the word illogical and spew it at the end of every sentence as the basis for their own academic assertion.

I don't understand you.

These 4 turns into 2.

And the 2 turn into 1.

Alexander was killed in his 30's.. his empire given to his 4 generals.. the 4 turn into the two kingdoms the seleucids and ptolemny, and then they turn into the Roman empire.

Lastly, I don't believe in the supernatural powers of Zeus, but as for the people who started Zeus, they undoubtedly existed. They exist because of the concept of Zeus today. You have to admit that Jesus walked this earth because of the incredible following of the early church, and the church today.

Archived