The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christy Clark's Religion Comments Spark Criticism From B.C. Atheists

Sharpshooter

Yeah, so I guess just because she looks towards the Bible to help her make decisions she is automatically pro-life, anti-gay, and a bigot.

I don't care for organized religion anymore than you do, but the way you seem to classify everybody that follows it is pretty ignorant.

Being a Christian isn't the definition of a good person. This is where most Atheists get wrong (and most Christians too).

The difference between a Christians and atheists, is that Christians have embraced that we are bad. Christians acknowledge that no matter how hard we try, we can't attain a label of "righteousness". We are sinful and rotten people inside. Christians acknowledge this and put our faith in Jesus Christ. We follow his teaching and lifestyle worship.

An atheist, well I don't know what your particular beliefs are, but you think you're good? Good to according to what? Your friend? Your neighbour? What does good mean?

I tell you one thing. No human being is righteous. Only God can make us righteous.

Being a Christian isn't the definition of a good person. This is where most Atheists get wrong (and most Christians too).

The difference between a Christians and atheists, is that Christians have embraced that we are bad. Christians acknowledge that no matter how hard we try, we can't attain a label of "righteousness". We are sinful and rotten people inside. Christians acknowledge this and put our faith in Jesus Christ. We follow his teaching and lifestyle worship.

An atheist, well I don't know what your particular beliefs are, but you think you're good? Good to according to what? Your friend? Your neighbour? What does good mean?

I tell you one thing. No human being is righteous. Only God can make us righteous.

So it was nonsensical? So why did you post that comparison picture of two men kissing and the malnourished boy? What was the purpose?

For fun?

Be accountable to your words and ideas. You started this thread. That's the least you can do.

You clearly didn't listen to what he was saying (or finish watching the video, for that matter). By his definition, something that is morally right increases total wellbeing of everyone, not just individual well-being or happiness. He also never claimed that well-being is the same for every person, but that it is objectively happening, and therefore measurable.

The very fact you even have to ask proves my point.

I gennerally tend to agree with you on most topics of this nature, this is not one of those times. I have seen nothing that suggests Clark has done anything to force religious values on the public, and just because she reads the Bible, it doesn't automatically mean that she has or will, which seems to be what you believe.

The legitimate concern has arisen that she has, does, or might, based on her own admission that she looks to the Bible to help her make tough decisions. Logic dictates that she has and will...since many tough decisions are part and parcel in occupying the seat of Premier of B.C.

Your general agreements with me are irrelevant.

Archived