The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MG's Strategy?

Ricciuti1

With training camp coming up, I recently heard on OTR people's opinions on the Luongo matter and why MG is taking so long.

Although the Canucks do not seem they have pressure to unload Luongo anytime soon, it is clear that they need to...and it needs to be done before training camp to avoid any distraction.

At the same time though, with the teams that are in the hunt for Luongo (T.O, FLA) not improving their aspect in goal, it is obvious something is in the work. In the end, with MG holding off a bit longer, it is the teams that NEED a goalie that will be much more desperate then the team that will not need Luongo's services come training camp and beyond.

However, the only problem I see with this now is that it holds the Canucks back from signing Doan or Arnott. I can't see this going any longer then mid-August. Does anyone know an exact date for training camp?

not sure of the exact date but i think players start arriving in vancouver in early september

everything you said there is true and i think MG knows that he needs to get rid of lui before camp and i think FLA/CHI/TOR know that they need an upgrade in goal.

both sides of the trade are in a bit of a tough spot here

With training camp coming up, I recently heard on OTR people's opinions on the Luongo matter and why MG is taking so long.

Although the Canucks do not seem they have pressure to unload Luongo anytime soon, it is clear that they need to...and it needs to be done before training camp to avoid any distraction.

At the same time though, with the teams that are in the hunt for Luongo (T.O, FLA) not improving their aspect in goal, it is obvious something is in the work. In the end, with MG holding off a bit longer, it is the teams that NEED a goalie that will be much more desperate then the team that will not need Luongo's services come training camp and beyond.

However, the only problem I see with this now is that it holds the Canucks back from signing Doan or Arnott. I can't see this going any longer then mid-August. Does anyone know an exact date for training camp?

Its funny how you all think you know what MG is thinking???? Be patient and wait for him to make his move, whatever it is, then we will debate and all the pro's and con's from "You know it all's" , can be heard

For those still able to pay attention,MG stated in his second 'year end review' presser that he 'makes it up as he goes along'.

Pretty much explains CDC, as well.

Enjoying summer? Months upon months upon months of rain is a coming.

Kesler's 5M will be off the books so we can still afford to have Luongo in. I say keep Luongo and Schneider working as a tandem up until at least the New Year and go from there. Sure, give Schneider the starting position for opening night and see how long he lasts before he starts showing signs of inconsistency and fatigue, because he will (as every goalie does) and when he does we'll be glad we didn't trade Luongo.

Kesler's 5M will be off the books so we can still afford to have Luongo in. I say keep Luongo and Schneider working as a tandem up until at least the New Year and go from there. Sure, give Schneider the starting position for opening night and see how long he lasts before he starts showing signs of inconsistency and fatigue, because he will (as every goalie does) and when he does we'll be glad we didn't trade Luongo.

Archived