The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MG's Strategy?

Ricciuti1

:rolleyes: Yeah T.O. has done a heap to improve their non play off team. :rolleyes:

They lost out cuz they're soft as butter AND their goaltending never bailed them out.

No pressure at all!

But FTR, The real reason they have not made the trade is that they might make the play off's with Lou, but it would set them back 3 years from actually being a contender. They're full of bad contracts, just don't have the horses or the depth and need prospects pull through and prop them up. Plus after next year (2013/14) Kessel, Phaneuf and Lupul all be could be gone UFA. They simply cant afford to give them up.

So Burke is fishing for a sucker, but has no intention of a reasonable offer. He cant afford it! :frantic:

The Panthers are already a play off team, and have 3 prospects for every one who can make the squad. Including some beauts! What they lack is a superstar, like Lou. It's a perfect formula. Its only an issue of which roster player they can afford to give up with which prospect. In the meantime, Mg and Tallon are just watching a few blue movies before they head out to the bar!

(and lets hope Gillis does not get excited prematurely again, like he did with Hodgson :P )

As many have said here, MG has to move Luongo before training camp. On the other hand, FL or TO can easily start the season with their current goaltending (TO was in a playoff position until february last year)- so who has more pressure?

I think the only chance of geting Doan would have been Lu.

They are friends and I could see Lu convincing him to come to Vancouver, just like he did with Sundin.

He made a call to him and convinced Sundin.

Luongo is a classy guy amongst NHL players and he is a veteran who is well respected.

Do you think a call from Schneider would do the same?

Maybe Lu will bring Doan to Florida if he is traded there.

Wouldn that be funny.

Kesler's 5M will be off the books so we can still afford to have Luongo in. I say keep Luongo and Schneider working as a tandem up until at least the New Year and go from there. Sure, give Schneider the starting position for opening night and see how long he lasts before he starts showing signs of inconsistency and fatigue, because he will (as every goalie does) and when he does we'll be glad we didn't trade Luongo.

Luongo sitting as a bench warmer/door opener for his former team mates is a total negative cancer.

If Gillis does not deal Luo by the time the season starts he is more of a dilly than I thought.

You don't have a long goodbye / sorrow affair each and every night you play.

Gillis forced him out and now he has to deal him or deal with the consequences.

If I were Luo I would not show up for one more game in Vancouver,except to beat their overpaid rear ends.

Archived