The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you put on your hot dogs?

-Vintage Canuck-

What do you put on your hot dogs?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hot Dog relish. No one has listed it, I can't be the only one who loves this stuff.

Bick's Hot Dog Relish, Hellmann's (its real mayonnaise) and Ketchup are the base. On top of this I sometimes use raw onions, sometimes sauté them or sometimes use cheese.

Thx for the thread, I'm going to go BBQ a couple of Hot Dogs right now. I have Johnsonville smokies with cheddar cheese in the middle, yummy.

Hot Dog relish. No one has listed it, I can't be the only one who loves this stuff.

Bick's Hot Dog Relish, Hellmann's (its real mayonnaise) and Ketchup are the base. On top of this I sometimes use raw onions, sometimes sauté them or sometimes use cheese.

Thx for the thread, I'm going to go BBQ a couple of Hot Dogs right now. I have Johnsonville smokies with cheddar cheese in the middle, yummy.

hot dog relish is merely crappy relish mixed with crappy mustard. you can step up your game and use better versions of both to make a better tasting dog. I find hot dog relish lazy, uninspired and a unitasker (you can't use it in other applications calling for relish, like lumpia filling)

it will give you a better flavour. I don't know how it would be a confusing concept. 2 great tasting ingredients, vs 2 crappy tasting ingredients. this is not rocket science.

besides, when they are mixed together ahead of time and bottled together they loose their individuality and become muddled in taste. you no longer can distinguish them from eachother. it's like playing a single note instead of a chord.

What tastes good to you doesn't mean it tastes good to everyone else.

Its not like I've never tasted relish and Dijon mustard on my hot dog. I don't like it. Only thing I use dijon mustard is on my sandwiches and only thing I use regular relish is on my burgers. But for my hot dogs, I love hot dog relish.

I've found it to be quite the opposite, in all honesty(what tastes bad to me sometimes tastes good to others, but whatever tastes good to me ALWAYS tastes good to others). next time make 2 different hotdogs, one using hotdog relish and one using a good relish and a good mustard (coarse ground dijon is my favorite, but you can use whatever mustard or relish you want). I guarantee the second one will be far superior in taste than the first one. hell you could even use the exact same mustard and relish they use in the hotdog relish and you will still get a better taste.

Archived